Any way to improve driver's armrest?

911jason

:
2014 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring
Don't know if I'm the only one, but the arm rest on the driver's door of my new 2014 CX-9 seems very poorly placed. The actual armrest is too low to use unless I want to hold the bottom of the wheel, yet the top of the door is too high and awkwardly angled to make it uncomfortable to rest my arm there either. It's slightly more tolerable with the window open, but not much.

Anyone found any way to deal with this?

P.S. This is one of the very few complaints I have with this car, overall I absolutely LOVE it!

I don't really rest my left arm there that often, but I personally don't have a complaint about it. Just wonder what body types most car makers use to test interior designs with. I'm a height challenged guy, by the way :).

Haha... yeah, I'm 6 foot, but if I was shorter the arm rest would probably be fine. As it is, it's either too low or the window sill is too high.

6'1" here....i feel your pain. BUt i think unless we custom make a raiser for that area we are kinda SOL. Wife who is 5'7" seems to be cozy, so im thinking their testers are right around that size. :)

Back