Removing moonroof wind deflector?

cmo23

:
2014 CX-5 GT
has anyone removed their wind deflector in their moonroof? i did this on my last car-- infiniti g35-- it essentially eliminates the wind drag noise while you drive with your moonroof open (which i do very often). you can test it by just pressing the deflector down while driving (its spring loaded) if you want to try it out yourself. obviously there was a purpose for this design piece-- i assume to improve wind drag while driving w the moonroof open-- but comfort level wise, its way too loud of a distraction. any thoughts?

has anyone removed their wind deflector in their moonroof? i did this on my last car-- infiniti g35-- it essentially eliminates the wind drag noise while you drive with your moonroof open (which i do very often). you can test it by just pressing the deflector down while driving (its spring loaded) if you want to try it out yourself. obviously there was a purpose for this design piece-- i assume to improve wind drag while driving w the moonroof open-- but comfort level wise, its way too loud of a distraction. any thoughts?

There is an entry about reducing the upward travel of the deflector that stops the noise. They used a plastic tie that is stuck down to limit the upward travel. You can test by slightly pushing the deflector down to see if your noise is less so you don't have to remove it...

@robertmazda -- thanks, but i was actually referring to the plastic bar deflector in the moonroof itself-- we all have it. its like a lever that pops up when you open the moonroof.

@gaxibm--- thanks, i will try that. altho completely removing it from my old car had no ill effects. i saved the piece in my garage but never had reason to re-install it.

I tried this before, and at lower speeds (under 25 or so) with no other windows down, the buffering affect was killing my ears. I found the reverberance too annoying to keep it that way.

Back