What is this?

:
Mazda, Mazda5 Sport 2013
2 day old Mazda 5. Noticed this stuff (feels like cheap hose) hanging down from my rear bumper this morning. Feels like it was tucked in.

M5.JPG

I am really embarrased. I didn't have time to mess around with it this morning and I didn't want to go crazy and start pulling things apart. It sort of felt like some sort of cheap pipe wrap. I called the dealer and the salesman called me right back, he asked me to send a picture and then he will take it right to the service department. I bought the car 1 state away but have a Mazda dealer a few miles away. He agreed to call the dealer to ask if they would help me out and said his dealer would pay any cost involved. I went home and as a poster thought, it was some sort of plant stalk that got wedged up real good into the bumper, I was able to pull the pieces out and sure enough it was some sort of stalk. Weird how it even could get up and in there. Red faced I called the salesman back and he just laughed it off :) It was nice to know that the dealer was going to swing into action for me!

Perfect time to fabricate an underbody tray to run the length of your car so nothing gets lodged up there again. :D

Perfect time to fabricate an underbody tray to run the length of your car so nothing gets lodged up there again. :D

^^This. And don't forget the R&D to put together a functional diffuser...and post the results here for the benefit of the community.

Back