clutch pedal stuck

mstep

:
02 protege5
so pulled up to a traffic light, hold clutch down and when i lifted my foot, the clutch was still on the floor. the clutch pedal is loose and i can pull it up with my hand. i pull over to the side and im liftin the pedal up and down with my hand while my dad tries to see somethin under the hood. we see fluid squirting out of a hose so im waiting for the hose to come in. its the flex hose that connects to 2 metal lines under the intake box. i was just wondering if that leaky hose is the problem to cause this issue? was wondering if it would also be my clutch cable possibly that would cause the clutch pedal to not come up. the car starts, will go in gears but the pedal just has no pressure to push it back up i guess. also will i have to bleed all the brakes to put new fluid in since theres no separate reservoir for clutch fluid? thanks guys

We have a hydraulic clutch so there is no cable, the fluid squirting out of the ruptures line is your problem. You will probably have to bleed your brakes as well if you ran the reservoir out of fluid then used the brakes

I would also check the clutch master cylinder ($40 part) I know my buddys prelude did the same thing and it was just the cylinder wouldnt hurt to change it anyways while you change the hose because its probably ready to break anyways and you will have to bleed the clutch again...

The master slave is a pain to change on our cars, it's a rubber hose and its old. It's not to be unexpected

Last edited:
Back