SkyActiv TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins)

Anchorman provided a document of TSB R052/16C but the link has been broken for a while. My dealer is very aware of this TSB as they have done many rear caliper replacement for 2016(.5) CX-5s under warranty, me included.

There're at least 2 TSBs concerning electric parking brake for 2016 CX-5. In both cases a new enhanced (revised) EPB control module is required to replace the original one. Apparently this didnt resolve the issue on one symptom of rear brake dragging and that TSB has been revised twice since the initial release on 6/20/2016. The latest R052/16C TSB released on 2/24/2017 specifies revised rear calipers for replacement with new disc pads and rotors if necessary. Based on service date your calipers are possibly older version hence you had reoccurrence of the same symptom. Print this TSB provided by Anchorman which has the part numbers listed making sure you have the revised calipers on both sides.

TSB R052/16C - Subject: Noise from REAR BRAKE/Trace of Rear Brake Dragging

Err, yes. I thought I was conducting good house keeping one day by clearing all sorts of clutter from my profile not realising that shifting them from the storage thingy shifted them from the posts as well. I can pull an engine down to the very last bolt and build it back up and have it run reliably but computers are black magic to me.

Attachments

• Brake Noise from REAR BRAKE_Trace of Rear Brake Dragging.pdf
    373.8 KB · Views: 6,174
Err, yes. I thought I was conducting good house keeping one day by clearing all sorts of clutter from my profile not realising that shifting them from the storage thingy shifted them from the posts as well. I can pull an engine down to the very last bolt and build it back up and have it run reliably but computers are black magic to me.

Thanks, appreciate that!

Hmm kind of the opposite for me, but I am learning the car stuff :)

Was this corrected in later model years?
If your question is referring to TSB R052/16C, yes it has been corrected after year long researching (started with replacing revised electric parking brake control module) by Mazda and several revisions on the same TSB. Based on the document, new revised rear calipers started putting into the assembly line for CX-5 on September 9, 2016.

Mine is in that category - so why do we say half? Wouldnt it be all assembled before Sep 9?
2016.5 CX-5 started selling in Mar. 2016; 2017 gen-2 CX-5 started selling in Apr. 2017 for the US market. Thats why I said about a half of all 2016.5 got affected by this TSB. Check your manufacture date on the sticker of the B pillar.

Like LED accent strip DRLs, I believe most CX-5s within the assembly period stated in the TSB would have this symptom more or less due to insufficient accuracy of the screw threads on the rear calipers used for EPB. So those CX-5 owners should be watchful on their rear brake / electrical parking brake behavior like this recent post as the repair is pretty expensive without warranty.

E Parking Brake

hello..I would like to view some of the TSB but I am still blocked even though I've asked for permission via Google when I click the link.

Can I have permission to view?

Thanks

TSB 02-012/18 - Clunking Noise from Front Suspension When Driving over Bumps
attachment.php

Click the link ferro_sk provided for full TSB document.
... And here is tsb (us version)
View attachment 219775

I haven't followed or looked up any TSBs on my 2016.5 CX-5. Just finding this thread now. Is there a link or place to find TSBs specific to my 2016.5? Be worth looking through them to see if any apply to me while I'm under warranty. So far I've had to have the leather steering wheel ring replaced. Working on a squeak in the driver's side window when it's cold (the colder it gets the louder the squeak - and gets loud). Have to take the car back in while cold to confirm. Previous dealer had this setup to be done but adviser I worked with is no longer there and now they're making it a hassle so starting over at a closer dealership. Oddly the finish is coming of the vertical trim piece on the driver's side door also (part ordered and to be replaced under warranty).

Update: or is it http://www.bbbind.com/free-tsb/ and just plug through them one at a time via several searches?

Last edited:
Ive been asked for the distorted seat cover TSB - 054/18

Attachments

• Warping%20Surface%20of%20Driver%3Fs%20Seat%20.pdf
    251 KB · Views: 578
I*ve been asked for the distorted seat cover TSB - 054/18

I see from the bottom of the 1st pageof this TSB that this suggests the problem is related to CX-5's in Russia. Are they the only ones with this TSB seat cushion issue as my rand new 2018 Canadian CX-5 has the same warping issue.

SUBJECT VIN & PRODUCTION DATE RANGE
CX-5(KF) / (KE with VIN 600001~ for Russia)
Japan Built
Spec. VIN Range Production Date Range
Europe (L.H.D. & UK Specs.) JMZ KF**** ** 600052 - 712415 Feb. 14, 2017 - May 10, 2018 .

Last edited:
I checked with my dealer and he looked up any concerns with warping in the leather of the front seat cushions(s), which mine had from new. All he could find is that Mazda is looking into a solution for CX-5's in Canada. I won't hold my breath for a resolution but at least the service guy took a picture and supposedly will pass it on.

Anyone have more information on the heater core issues? Specifically affected VINs. The information below is all i could find after hours of searching.

My 16.5 CX5 GT seems to be taking way longer than it should to get the cabin warm. Takes about 20 minutes of mixed driving when Temps are below 20F. I dont have any codes. My 16 Mazda3 takes about half that.

SA218

2013-2016 CX-5 WITH DTC P011A WITH OVERHEATING AND/OR POOR HEATER PERFORMANCE

Latest posts

Back