2014 Mazda6 Recall in Australia

Well Guys
It's serious, I've just been on the phone to my dealer and they want my car straight away. They are going to give me a hire car and anticipate the repairs to take 2 weeks or so. It appears the delay is for the new capacitors which are in production,

My After Sales guys said that Mazda are going to start ringing their customers today to get their cars in for the recall mod.

Is the i-Eloop even necessary? Given what I've read over the past year regarding the CX-5, Skyactiv 3 (I have had one for the past ten months so I could attest to this as well) and the 2014 6 so far, it seems like these cars hold their own and exceed expectations regarding fuel economy. Is the added complication of regenerative braking and a capacitor even worth it? If that's all in place for 1 or 2 MPG, I really don't see the point and I'd rather not have that in my 6 if I were to purchase one.

It's a nice idea in principal and I'm all for technological and green initiatives that don't cost an arm and a leg or ruin the driving experience but have to say I've no desire to cook my passengers.

Badly timed this recall is (that sounded like Yoda I realize) as I'm about to go on holiday with my new 6 and don't want to be without it during that time. I guess I'll know more over the next day or so if this affects my vehicle :(

The recall was also in affect in Malaysia. It happened the week the car was launched in Malaysia. Despite that, all 500 units for the first batch in Malaysia had been sold out.

This was the part that got replaced. The 24V-12V DC-DC Converter. It's located underneath the front passenger seat. It takes about 30 mins for the replacement and another 20-30mins for diagnostic and initialisation procedures.

53411110151600873916412.jpg

same issue with my car

Hi,
Thanks for the photo , I was looking for it , I will get it replaced also and wanted to know, how does it looks like :)
The dealer told me working time 90min. , so I hope it will be less then 60min :)

I was driving with the car last week already ( cca 3500km) and I need now 1000km to the dealer, so hope nothing happen (smoke)

But I trust in mazda car, they are the best, before I hat other mark and it wasnt so good quality.

The recall was also in affect in Malaysia. It happened the week the car was launched in Malaysia. Despite that, all 500 units for the first batch in Malaysia had been sold out.

This was the part that got replaced. The 24V-12V DC-DC Converter. It's located underneath the front passenger seat. It takes about 30 mins for the replacement and another 20-30mins for diagnostic and initialisation procedures.

53411110151600873916412.jpg

Back