Rear wiper nozzle problem

DOMO

:
01 MP3, 03 MSP
Recently my rear washer nozzle cut out on me . It was working fine until I ran out of fluid, then when I refilled the tank with more washer fluid it wouldn't work anymore. Also I don't hear the distinct motor sound you usually hear when you turn on the nozzles.

What could be possibly wrong ? And does anyone know any threads on how to fix this problem? I'm gonna be doing some work on the car so it would be cool if I could get it working again.

I hate not being able to see out my rear window ...

Google works awesome,... to search this site specifically try this: "rear sprayer" site:mazdas247.com

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123810484-No-washer-fluid-for-the-rear-window

SprayerPump_zps5d72cf2e.jpg

SprayerPump2_zps7a19f26f.jpg

Happened to my ages ago.... Finally realised why

Drive up on some ramps (front up in the air)
Then try again...

I think the reason is a hydrolock in the system.
I had to flush the fluid out with regular tap water... Drive up on ramps, turn on the rear sprayer for quite some time,
Then roll down the ramps with the sprayer still on.
Then it should continue to work again. Lol

It may not be a "self priming" pump,... if air gets into the impeller, it may just spin in circles without drawing in any liquid. If it were me, I'd try to "pressurize" the washer tank a little bit to help push the fluid into the impeller,...
Hell I'd even take the cap off the tank and blow into it to try and push some fluid into the impeller to help "prime" it or maybe a rag wrapped around a piece of hose and sealed up around the mouth of the washer tank and blow through the hose. Or even try to suck some through from the sprayer end to clear the hydro-lock. (you might get a mouth full of washer fluid but apparently it has ethanol and or methanol in it so you might end up drunk, blind and stupid.)
You could probably tape the switch to "on" to hold it if you don't have an assistant but I'd try to not run the motor too long for fear of over-heating it.

Last edited:
Back