need exterior ideas!

oakleykp

:
2002 mazda protege
I have recently picked up a 2002 protege es and i thought i would join the "zoom zoom" community, but the preppy look of the protege just keeps getting to me. Does anyone know of anything for them to spice up the looks? I was already planning on picking up some s teins lowering springs. I really like the looks of the msp/mp3 conversions but i cant really find any cheap ways to complete the look..so leave me some ideas guys! Every idea is welcome!

I like the look of plasti dipped wheels but i dont really have a set budget, do you know anything about megan lowering springs? They claim to have a 2 inch drop all around.

They are decent springs but they are very stiff. You will also have to change your struts, either way you better changing your struts if u want to lower your car, but with those springs. You would probably need some tokico illuminas. Also, they are more like 1.6" in the front and around 1.8" in the back.

If i was you, i would invest in some eibach sportline which would give an 1.8" drop all around with some tokico blues. It will provide you with a sweet drop with a good performance increase without cutting on the comfort.

If i was you, i would invest in some eibach sportline which would give an 1.8" drop all around with some tokico blues. It will provide you with a sweet drop with a good performance increase without cutting on the comfort.

good luck, they dont make the sportlines anymore, unless you get them from a member on here... but they are such good springs i doubt anybody would want to sell them... I have on my msp Neuspeed lowering springs (dont think there made anymore)

Okay, Thanks for the input! Do you happen to know anything about changing the stock sedan bumper for a p5 bumper? I remember hearing you would need to cut the rebar if my memory serves right

Okay, Thanks for the input! Do you happen to know anything about changing the stock sedan bumper for a p5 bumper? I remember hearing you would need to cut the rebar if my memory serves right

maybe something with the lights but im not 100% sure.... Def the crash bar needs to be modified

Here she is ;) anything she needs? ;)

Attachments

• 2012-11-23_14-51-21_217.jpg
    2012-11-23_14-51-21_217.jpg
    681.4 KB · Views: 140
Sweet car bro.

You could always paint your break callipers. It's like 10 bucks and takes an hour or two. It'll look crazy :)

nice car man... you could always upgrade your fogs with hid's.... lower it.... paint stock rims (bronze I think would look good)... tint... take off the side moldings, just a start

I like you're thinking! What all do you have to do to have hid's in fogs? I am a little iffy on the subject.

Your calipers look super clean and new! I would paint them black, its a clean look. Do HID headlights, aim them down a bit and stick to halogen fogs, hid headlights + hid fogs will be a bit much.

Besides lowering it you can also add
exhaust/axleback/catback
DRL mod, thats cheap
front lip or home depot lip
plasti dip rims for fun
window visors

Thank you! A clean car is a happy car as i always say, how would someone go about a "home depot lip" if you dont mind me asking? How does it look? Or should i just buy a sedan lip?

Hey stivine nice car man! But how did you fit a p5 bumper? I cant seem to find a good DIY on it.

Thank you! A clean car is a happy car as i always say, how would someone go about a "home depot lip" if you dont mind me asking? How does it look? Or should i just buy a sedan lip?

You need garage door seal from any home hardware store and 2 rolls of 3M double sided tape + patience. If you can find the sedan lip definitely go for it only thing is they are quite pricey and hard to find

Check out my build thread in my sig you can see the Home Depot lip, sorry I'm unable to post pics up with my phone

Will do, about how many inches do you have from ground to front bumper? You're car is looking pretty low for only an inch and a quarter drop on it

Will do, about how many inches do you have from ground to front bumper? You're car is looking pretty low for only an inch and a quarter drop on it

I can measure it later but it's not very low at all, I haven't run into much trouble with it at this height. I would go 1.5-1.8 if I could do it all over again

Last edited:
Back