What have you done to your CX-5 today?

I just checked the current price on Amazon for GS1D-67-333 ($13.79). Looks like I can get all 3 replcement blades (not OEM) for $18.47.

I just checked the current price on Amazon for GS1D-67-333 ($13.79). Looks like I can get all 3 replcement blades (not OEM) for $18.47.
For OEM I paid $22.46 for the three from Mazdapartsconnect. Shipping was up there but just got email, 50% off shipping on Friday, use BLFRI23

I haven't had the oil changed yet on my CX-5, yet these are the second set of interior LEDs I purchased to replace my first set of LEDs.
20231129_200054.jpg

Just like the first set there's a faint buzz when the bulbs dim. But they work fine when fully powered. And the vanity mirrors lights are still one millimeter short compared to stock. Unlike the first set I purchased from VLEDS, these Diode Dynamics are a harsher 6000K color temperature, versus the 5000K that I had. Diode Dynamics does not offer 5000K in a 31 mm bulb, which is annoying as they offer it in a 194.

I hoped to buy a set of LED boards the fit the exact shape of the dome lights. But the ones I keep finding are for the first generation KE, not the KF.

Though these do seem brighter than the VLEDS.

Just installed these..... got it during black friday for $60.

Seems like it would be more durable than weathertech, which s what I'm used to. Only time will tell.

Voron Glass in-Channel Extra Durable Rain Guards for Mazda CX-5 2017-2023, Window Deflectors, Vent Window Visors, 4 Pieces - 200476

https://a.co/d/eSf08o4

Attachments

• 20231203_162440.jpg
    20231203_162440.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 20231203_162414.jpg
    20231203_162414.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 20231203_162402.jpg
    20231203_162402.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 47
I believe that in the current 2024 model year ..DRLs are an upgraded option which begins at the Premium then up from there .( This includes the CE )
In the United States, DRLs are mandatory on all cars of all trim levels.

Swapped out the Corksport rear sway bar for the stocker. Never planned on doing that as it's a PITA requiring dropping the rear subframe, but the bushing brackets both broke (not at the same time) and I decided I didn't need the extra handling over not worrying about another breakage. Also did the brakes all around, went with coated Powerstop rotors with ceramic pads. Have to bed them in tomorrow, that's gonna be a pain as they ask for 30 cycles from 30-5 mph with 30 seconds in between applications.
Question: how would you describe the difference? Did the CS sway bar reduce understeer or make the car feel like it could rotate easier when turning?

Last edited:
That’s good to know! Were you able to buy it for less than ~$300? This is one of the better videos I’ve seen for dashcam recommendations (post 7), and I was surprised the higher end models still couldn’t do that.

I’d like to install one but I really don’t care to spend more than $100. Just want to record what happened if I got in another accident. I’m also bummed that I cant find adapters to get power from the rear view mirror. I can run a tap but the Dongar adapter is a nice solution.
Good cameras are not cheap. With that said, even $200 is really cheap for the tech being used these days. Overseas manufacturing at scale...

I'm about to install the new Viofo A229 Plus Duo and HK4 hardware kit. I'll remember to take pictures and update the thread later.

Good cameras are not cheap. With that said, even $200 is really cheap for the tech being used these days. Overseas manufacturing at scale...

I'm about to install the new Viofo A229 Plus Duo and HK4 hardware kit. I'll remember to take pictures and update the thread later.
I’m very happy with the viofo 119v3, I’m sure you’ll really like your 229!

Been having an intermittent rattle when opening the hatch. Today was warm enough that I felt comfortable removing the plastic trim to see what it was. Turned out that the two outboard nuts on the spoiler/wind smoother were gone (found just one inside the hatch), the left inboard one was very loose and the right inboard was maybe finger-tight. I had a spare nut in my collection so that's all back together. Not too sure why Mazda used smooth flanged nuts for those instead of the ones with the serrations to help lock them down, but oh well. Hard to say how long those were working their way off.

Previously I had surmised that maybe I had a loose or missing fastener on the rear wiper motor since I noticed the shaft moving when I replaced the blade, but it turns out the motor has some rubber mounts so that allows it to move slightly. Everything on it was tight.

took it in for its last free oil change. Dealer gave me 3 freebies when I bought it. I will say the mazda service has been pretty pleasant compared to any other vehicle I have had. I prefer to change my own oil and will from now on but for someone who does not like changing their own oil or can't change it my Mazda dealer is not a bad deal.

took it in for its last free oil change. Dealer gave me 3 freebies when I bought it. I will say the mazda service has been pretty pleasant compared to any other vehicle I have had. I prefer to change my own oil and will from now on but for someone who does not like changing their own oil or can't change it my Mazda dealer is not a bad deal.
spoke too soon. checked the oil level and they overfilled it by about a quart. looked at the invoice and sure enough it said changed filter and filled with 6 qts of oil. i tried to get ahold of the service writer but they never called me back. bone heads.....

spoke too soon. checked the oil level and they overfilled it by about a quart. looked at the invoice and sure enough it said changed filter and filled with 6 qts of oil. i tried to get ahold of the service writer but they never called me back. bone heads.....
Ugh. I had a 5.7 factory fill and I thought that was bad enough.

And here it is, the very reason to do this type of maintenance yourself. The idiots can't even get a simple oil change done properly.

Look on the bright side, at least you have three more freebies to look forward to. :unsure:

PSA for the day

If anyone, other than yourself, does any work on your car. Double check the work BEFORE you leave!

Check the oil, check the invoice, check under the hood. Check everything that you can check and don't be afraid to call them out if it's not right.

And here it is, the very reason to do this type of maintenance yourself. The idiots can't even get a simple oil change done properly.

Look on the bright side, at least you have three more freebies to look forward to. :unsure:
that was my last free one. the first two they were spot on with the level and never dripped a drop on the engine when changing and not a drip on the pan or plastic panel underneath so I figured they wouldn't screw this one up, but was wrong lol. ...I have been changing my own oil since the 70's and not sure why I let them do it this time but being I had the free 3 changes I figured what the heck..

PSA for the day

If anyone, other than yourself, does any work on your car. Double check the work BEFORE you leave!

Check the oil, check the invoice, check under the hood. Check everything that you can check and don't be afraid to call them out if it's not right.
All the more for me to leave my dash cam in parking mode. Not that it will show my car being over filled.

And now I'm scared. I still have another 2500 miles until my first oil change.

Back