What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Is that an oem part of something that came with the Morimoto kit? Also How's the light output? I know Mazda uses environmentally friendly HID bulbs.
No. All I ordered was a bulb (D4S). my car already has HIDS factory. The spring retaining clip is part of the oem assembly. Light output is good. Mazda uses OSRAM oems. I got 5500k which are a little more yellow than I expected but the output is very good. https://www.theretrofitsource.com/d...43ztNfWthGEbkiFBVxM5KvpGKM8G0KEBdwxkyK29XrC1I

Last edited:
No. All I ordered was a bulb (D4S). my car already has HIDS factory. The spring retaining clip is part of the oem assembly. Light output is good. Mazda uses OSRAM oems. I got 5500k which are a little more yellow than I expected but the output is very good. https://www.theretrofitsource.com/d...43ztNfWthGEbkiFBVxM5KvpGKM8G0KEBdwxkyK29XrC1I

Thanks for report on bulb replacement... disappointed to hear about the weak design of the bulb retainer. I had hoped this was gonna be one of the easier ones to swap. I need to swap the stock D2S bulbs on my '07 G35x and you have to go through the fender well on that vehicle.

Thanks for report on bulb replacement... disappointed to hear about the weak design of the bulb retainer. I had hoped this was gonna be one of the easier ones to swap. I need to swap the stock D2S bulbs on my '07 G35x and you have to go through the fender well on that vehicle.

You probably can with the cx5 if you take the wheel off and the fender liner. However the clip is hard to manipulate and bend (ruin) if you don't move it correctly. I added electrical tape over both to help hold them.

You probably can with the cx5 if you take the wheel off and the fender liner. However the clip is hard to manipulate and bend (ruin) if you don't move it correctly. I added electrical tape over both to help hold them.

Thanks! I think I might upgrade my HIDs to what you used and also do a Morimoto retrofit on the stock CX fog assemblies.

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...gs-for-Mazda&p=6600363&viewfull=1#post6600363

I have these on GX and they make awesome driving lights too.

Floor and Cargo Liners

Floor and Cargo Liners done! Installed the CX-5 OEM Cargo Liner. After review of after market liners the OEM is the best cargo liner available. Also installed Husky X-Act Contour Floor Liners. I have these in my 2017 LTZ Duramax and love them...much better than the Weather Tech and others that are a harder material. The X-Act Contours are a firm rubber material designed for a custom fit. They are also lifetime warrantied. I went with these over the OEM because the cover much better than the OEM and also covers the dead pedal where snow and water could trickle down and get under the OEM mat that doesn't cover the dead pedal. The rears are one piece and also cover the middle hump. The fit is not perfect but not bad. You can see in the driver front picture by the door the edge is not flush. I did installed them in freezing temps so maybe they will conform better if/when it warms up. I had to order them for a 2018 since they didn't list them for a 2019 but my dealer confirms there's no differences between the 2 years which I believe. Just to confirm I stopped by my dealer and put it in a 2018 and fit the same as my 2019.

Attachments

• CX-5 rear right floor liner 2mp.jpg
    CX-5 rear right floor liner 2mp.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 162
  • CX-5 rear left floor liner 2mp.jpg
    CX-5 rear left floor liner 2mp.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 184
  • CX-5 passenger floor liner 2mp.jpg
    CX-5 passenger floor liner 2mp.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 156
  • CX-5 driver floor liner 2mp.jpg
    CX-5 driver floor liner 2mp.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 190
  • CX-5 cargo liner 2mp.jpg
    CX-5 cargo liner 2mp.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
I have tried for the first time Morimoto bulbs(retrofit) and it may have been a bad luck, but one of them lasted, only a year and a half. The cheap chinese ones, at least they have lasted, at least two years. or more.

I have tried for the first time Morimoto bulbs(retrofit) and it may have been a bad luck, but one of them lasted, only a year and a half. The cheap chinese ones, at least they have lasted, at least two years. or more.

I think you were referring to HIDs above... but on Morimoto LEDs (Fog example)... theretrofitsource.com gives a 10 year warranty on those versus 18 months directly from Morimoto.

Were able yo get a warranty replacement?

Most of their HID bulbs at theretrofitsource.com are 2 years but this OSRAM has a 4 year warranty.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/d4s-osram-xenarc-66440.html

Instead of buying that overpriced adapter everyone gets to connect to the home link for power

What is this adapter you speak of? I just installed my cam and ran the supplied power supply down the pillars. I'd much rather be able to plug into the power source on the mirror.

Yes, they are HIDs and I have purchased them on Ebay, from a different seller, than retrofitsource.
I have got a replacement, but it's weird, that an expensive bulb, would fail so soon.

Yes, they are HIDs and I have purchased them on Ebay, from a different seller, than retrofitsource.
I have got a replacement, but it's weird, that an expensive bulb, would fail so soon.

Maybe you bought a fake one from that seller or just got a dud.. Also output gets worse over time as the get burned inside and no longer ignite. When I pulled the working bulb (from PRC, lasted at least 3yrs), the inside globe was almost completely covered in melted salt.

Corbin, why you didn't put the adapter, behind the headliner? It would look so much cleaner.
I actually ended up buying a different dash cam because the video quality with that Pruveeo was awful. I ended up running the power adapter with the new one down the A pillar and up to the 12V outlet in the cubby under the AC controls.

yes this is the link. Weigesi Car Pedal cx5.
I think all non oem are the same more or less. Chinese replicas but so far they seem great for the price.
I put velcro on the foot rest for better glue/sticking. Put them outside for few hours to get the rubber smell out, then mount them.

Back