2013 CX-5 Calibrating the backup camera

CatButler

I think the reference lines on the backup camera are a bit off. Does anyone know if there is a way to calibrate them?

It's not quite lined up with the vehicle. If I center it in the parking spot, it is off by about a foot to the passenger side.

You have 2 mirrors on the outside right?...lol.. (But not to sound like too much of a smartass.)
Not sure if that could be adjusted. Probably something designed into the display.

Jeff

Seeing as that is a paid for option... it should be addressed. I don't know of any commands you can input at the failure analysis (touch screen models), but I woudl check th camera to see if its bent or something, otherwise your dealer may be able to help.

its because the camera is not centered on the vehicle, there isn't any 'calibration' that can be done, its really only for forward/back alignment, not side to side

The Paid option is "Back Up Camera" not "Precision Reversing Optical Sensor"

If you reposition it (Tilt it or adjust it), then it will not show a straight on view, it will be on an angle.

use it as a guide to not kill children. I'm pretty sure that it is illegal to only use a camera, the test still states physically turn head and look out with your eyes.

There's lots of things its useful for even if you are not moving. It can show you how far away you are from the curb if you are parallel parking, how well you are lined up to a trailer you are backing up to.
The lines are computer generated, so it should be possible to control where in the image they are rendered.

I'm sure the dealer can do something. I remember reading in the manual that after any minor accidents that the camera might have to be adjusted by a service person or something. Not saying that's what happened here but it leads me to believe that something can be done.

Back