Hey all!

KWredsled

:
2002 Mazda protege5
Just signed up here!! Had my P5 since May and I love it..its like a gocart! She got over 260k Km on er.New clutch and timimg belt,tires and brakes and she has new life again. Got a few questions engine code 421 comes up and was wondering if anyone knows the problem or could send me to the proper thread for replacement. And how the hell do you get the clip back on after replacing head lights????...lol.. thanks for any and all info ....

Code

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0421
Check the link and play the elimination game, check your plugs, o2 sensor and cat

I've always seemed to have a problem aswell with the damn headlights. I feel your pain and welcome this is the place to be.

Thanks, i knew all that but was wondering if any one had same problem and knew exactly the problem...lol Its cold here and I dont want to climb under car now. Im a shade tree mechanic but all I got for shelter is shade tree...lmao

its my first replacment. It was nice and roomy on driver side! Ill wait until weather warms up to do other side..It still works but not as bright as old.

Buy Silvania Silverstars[tm] and you will become an expert! You will do it again and again (every six months) until you can do it real easy... [rolls eyes]

Srsly - just be careful and take your time. Don't force it. Use a screwdriver to carefully pop off the adapter and connector first. ;)

I put the Nighthawks in. Very nice,what a difference after I polished the lens with the Meguirs kit....like new all over again..

I don't know why but I also change the low-beam headlight bulbs more frequently than any other car I've owned. I'm not buying hyper-blue eBay bulbs or anything like that, just regular Sylvania bulbs. I always buy a two pack and keep it in the glove compartment in preparation for the next burn out. (rolleyes) The left one burns out faster than the right one.

Back