18s on a CX-5

This has been a great thread and I've learned a lot. I have a question for the smart folks - I just purchased the Enkei M52 Painted blacks, 18in x 8in. They have a 50mm offset which is same as stock. According to tirerack it shouldn't have a performance difference (aside from lighter rim, taller sidewall and different rubber). What will the tire look like regarding the offset? Will I have rub? Will the extra width be added to both sides? (e.g. 1/2 inch width inside and 1/2 inch width to the outside to give it a better look from the rear?) I really appreciate you guys taking the time to share your experience, and keeping it in layman's terms helps!

FYI - Stock 19s with stock tires for sale / $800 for everything / ~ 16.5k on the tires.

Yeah man, you'll have half an inch added to the inside and outside. Know what size and type of tires you're going with yet?

This has been a great thread and I've learned a lot. I have a question for the smart folks - I just purchased the Enkei M52 Painted blacks, 18in x 8in. They have a 50mm offset which is same as stock. According to tirerack it shouldn't have a performance difference (aside from lighter rim, taller sidewall and different rubber). What will the tire look like regarding the offset? Will I have rub? Will the extra width be added to both sides? (e.g. 1/2 inch width inside and 1/2 inch width to the outside to give it a better look from the rear?) I really appreciate you guys taking the time to share your experience, and keeping it in layman's terms helps!

FYI - Stock 19s with stock tires for sale / $800 for everything / ~ 16.5k on the tires.

Tirerack makes sure there won't be any rubbing or fitment issues on all of the wheels they list for vehicles, so you shouldn't have any problems. I also bought the same wheels from Tirerack. Why did you choose 50mm offset over the 40mm offset that is also offered on the website?

Tirerack makes sure there won't be any rubbing or fitment issues on all of the wheels they list for vehicles, so you shouldn't have any problems. I also bought the same wheels from Tirerack. Why did you choose 50mm offset over the 40mm offset that is also offered on the website?

I'm going with the Continental PureContact with EcoPlus Technology - 225/60R-18. ***UPDATE - I saw that Ninja(i think) got the 235/55s - then I looked up what the best width is for an 8 inch wide rim and sure enough it was 235. So, I changed from 225/60 to 235/55 (kept the continental purecontact with ecoplus tech.). It'll be a smaller overall diameter than stock, but only by 1/2 inch - hopefully the effect isn't too bad****. They were highly reviewed.

I really wanted the black painted M52s from Enkei and saw that they were 50mm offset. Then I saw Ninja got the hyperblack M52s with 40mm offset and thought I messed up my order. If I'm not mistaken, the Black Painted ones come in 50mm - I'm not sure why they didn't make it the same offset for the different colors. We'll see how it looks though - they arrive Tues or Wed. I'll be sure to get pics up.

Thanks guys, appreciate the help.

Last edited:
That black on black looks great. Thanks for the comments, from the looks of yours, I should be fine with 8in/50mm offset.

Thanks for this thread.

I will be ordering some 18 x 8 ET 40 with 225 60 18 Tires

This should keep my little 2.0 happy, push the wheels and tires out and increase the side wheel profile.

Will post pics once they are on

Back