Problems with PAC oem maz2 remote wire

JordanLL

:
201 Mazda 3 skyactiv sport. 6 speed.
Alright guys. Well I finally got around to installing my subwoofer and amp today. My 2012 Mazda 3 is completely stock and does not have a Bose factory Radio. The install went smooth. I used some 16 guage speaker wire for my remote wire from the PAC. But it doesn't seem to be giving any current off the PAC. Does any one have any suggestions for where to run the remote wire. Safely I might add. Thanks guys.

Alright guys. Well I finally got around to installing my subwoofer and amp today. My 2012 Mazda 3 is completely stock and does not have a Bose factory Radio. The install went smooth. I used some 16 guage speaker wire for my remote wire from the PAC. But it doesn't seem to be giving any current off the PAC. Does any one have any suggestions for where to run the remote wire. Safely I might add. Thanks guys.

The blue remote wire coming off of the PAC will not work for the 2012 model year (actually I believe the wire stopped working from 2010+). The remote wire you need is one of the red wires that comes off of the PAC wire harness. I can't remember exactly which one it is - use a multi-meter and figure out which wire gives you 12 volts when the key is turned, then splice into it.

I was bummed out when I found out the blue wire didn't work, but it only took a few minutes to determine the remote wire. I initially contacted customer service who told me the blue wire didn't work on the newer Mazda 3s an that I would need to manually find the remote wire coming off of the PAC harness.

Last edited:
Yeah I simply shoved the remote wire into the same hole In the PAC harness that the blue wire is in. Taped it off. And it works perfect now thanks for the reply though.

I tapped mine off of 1R in this picture, it is the ACC wire, only on when the ignition is on.

5149_224632460098_515180098_7244449.jpg

Back