2001 Mazda MPV Overheating.. ( the whole coolant system is new, still overheating. )

:
2001 Mazda MPV
Hey guys, thanks for letting me join this forum. I really need help fixing my MPV van.. Let me start by why I start to replaced the whole coolant system. Couple weeks back, I was driving on the highway, on my way home. The car was overheating... I pull over and check if there any water leaking from my system. I could see its coming from the waterpump, so knew there, it was the water pump, going bad.. The van is already at 150,xxx miles. What i can see it was the OEM waterpump still. I manage to get the car home safe, and not overheating, by let it cool down. I replaced the waterpump, the car runs fine while ilding, took the air out of the system.. So that same day, i pick up my gf from the airport, the car wasn't even giving me any problem at all that was a 25 miles drive to the airport from my home. After getting her, and droping off family members, ill give or take 30 more miles, driving home, the car is overheating again. Pull over again, i see water coming out from the front of the car.. I'm guessing at this point. The radiator is maybe crack or something... I get home safe once again.. I take off the front grill of the car. Check for a leak from the radiator, dont see one, but once i take off the upper radiator hose, the piece just come right off. so it was damage, and very old radiator. I replaced the radiator and the thermostat. Before putting in the new thermostat, I place it in a pot in boiling water; to check if it working and it does open. It did open, knew it was working. Once again, take the air out the system we talking about 25 min running at 2,000 rpm. Here my problem, after 30 mins of driving the car around my area, the car is overheating. I'm just like what now!. I check if there any water leaking is there nothing. I look at the reservoir tank, there a crack in it... I get it home safe. I repair the tank, there no leaking at all now. Wait till the next day to installed it back in the car. The car ilde fine, but once after a 10-15 mins drive, it start to overheat. There no leaks at all. I can tell there pressure is getting bulid up in the coolant system. I also notice is that the lower radiator hoses doesn't get hot at all. If i'm correct both hoses should get hot, that way you know that the system coolant is pass thru the whole system. Here where i Need the help.. Could this be the thermostat doing this? or something is stuck in the system?(if there no coolant passing by, where i replaced a new thermostat and check that it was working!.) Could it be it doesn't open on till a very very high temp? I try forcing the water to the upper rad hose while the car turn on, and see if the water going back to the reservoir tank, it doesn't at all. Could anyone help me on this? i could really use the help.

2001 mpv no heat

Mazda MPV Technical Service Bulletin-0.jpgMazda MPV Technical Service Bulletin-1.jpgive been told of a water valve somewhere on the passenger side i have a diagram of 2002 but i do not think its the same

remove the thermostat and drive without it, you live in a tropical zone should its not totally needed

Back