mud flaps

SubCompactor

:
mazda 2 touring
just wondered if the dealer mud flaps are the only way to go or if there are some to be found elsewhere that are just about the same for less. Thanks!

I had some homemade flaps on the front for a while, and while they worked OK, I was always worried that if I hit a big chunk of snow in the winter that I'd lose one. Ended up swapping for the OEM ones, as they feel very sturdy when installed on the car, though they're a bit smaller than I'd like (I wish they stuck out from the side a bit further to protect the doors better).

i just bought some cheap rally armors and used drywall screws to put them in. drilling required. they work fantastically and took like 30mins to install (10mins to measure/cut/mark) then 30 to actually go about.

ok. For anyone still interested in this thread. Here is the deal. The OEM Mud flaps are now installed and a perfect fit. Like Dr. Webster said all you need is a screwdriver. I also used a wrench.

I removed the back wheels do the installation to make sure not to scratch the rear bumper. Doing this was actually good as it got me familiar with the tire change tools. Which I must say that the scissor jack appears to be one of the most fragile jacks of it's type. Anyway it worked. Another tidbit is the location to put the jack wasn't as obvious as it could be. You HAVE to pay attention to the indicated areas where the jack placement goes as the manual isn't to descriptive and you could place it in the incorrect area. I felt "KNOWING" where the jack goes and having used it once is a valuable experience for when an unexpected tire change comes up. So I am glad to have the OEM mud flaps and spending the extra money and not drilling to accommodate an aftermarket made more sense for me.

Back