Beta Testing - CorkSport Cx5 Axle Back Exhaust

Gwynne_

CorkSport is looking for someone who has an automatic transmission CX-5 and is interested in test fitting and beta testing our axle back exhaust in exchange for discounted pricing and advanced access to the product prior to release.

Please PM me if this sounds like something you may be interested in!

oooh I can't wait to see the final product! (I'd volunteer, but I have a manual transmission, same as your test mule).

PM me the details including the discounted price, shipping, what you're looking for, etc. I'd be interested - live in SoCal and put around 230 miles a week on the vehicle.

PM me the details including the discounted price, shipping, what you're looking for, etc. I'd be interested - live in SoCal and put around 230 miles a week on the vehicle.

Thank you for your interest. We have worked out details for testing with the first person that responded to the post. If anything should change, I will let you all know. We are very excited about this product and I am happy to see such an enthusiastic response to this post!

I will continue to keep everyone posted about our progress, testing results, proposed release date and pricing as we get closer to release.

Hey Gwynne, how about a teaser vid when your company fits the exhaust system up?

I will be sure to post-up some teasers for you all as we get closer to the release date!

Awesome... what would be the expected hp/torque/efficiency improvements?

hmm its axle-back, not cat-back, so I don't think the gains would be terribly high.
That's not a knock against Corksport, just an observation based on the fact that from the {header -> cat -> resonator -> piping} nothing is changed until the muffler.
My money is on 2-4 hp gain and a nice exhaust tone.

I'm wont be surprised by small HP increase, but it will be too small to feel or notice. The sound might be interesting...

I don't know why anyone would want to put an exhaust on a 4 cylinder CUV.

Hi Gwynne, I hope Corksport would create lowering springs set for FWD CX-5.

and as for the exhaust, is it going to be compatible with right hand side driver CX-5? I hope you guys take consideration for that too because there are a lot of CX-5 enthusiast too with the right hand driver.

I don't know why anyone would want to put an exhaust on a 4 cylinder CUV.
They said that about Toyota Matrix owners and we ended up lapping up every bit of aftermarket kit we could get our hands on. Granted, that was closer to a hatch back than an SUV like the CX5 is.
Depending on how loud this is, I might be interested (I would be in for deep sound, but not loud).

Any news or more information on this? It's been over a month...maybe some pics or sound clips?!

I want to see the pics too, should look cool.

btw - Corksport should plan on selling the exhaust tips (alone) too for CX-5 owners that want to retain stock exhaust. Nice profit margin potential.

I want to see the pics too, should look cool.

btw - Corksport should plan on selling the exhaust tips (alone) too for CX-5 owners that want to retain stock exhaust. Nice profit margin potential.

agreed. i would definitely buy it.

Back