WTB: Stock MSP/MP3 Struts and springs

:
2002 Mazda Protege LX
Want to buy stock struts and RB springs off a msp with < 100kms... Looking to buy these asap..

PM me with pictures and prices.

honestly, you should forget about getting OEM stock struts from an MP3 / MSP. any set you find will have at least 7 years on them. get a set of new tokico HP's, and call it a day. you can thank me later.

I'm only looking to lower the car without loosing ride comfort. The car is used for daily driving so racing hardware is really not important to me. I've gotten a lot of recommendations to go with tokico blues and Tein Stech springs.

How the ride/handling quality on hp blue struts as oppose to oem msp struts? Is there a significant difference?

Last edited:
OEM stock MSP/MP3 struts are slightly softer than off the shelf HP's HP's with STechs would be a very nice combo. STech's with illumina's would be better.

OEM stock MSP/MP3 struts are slightly softer than off the shelf HP's HP's with STechs would be a very nice combo. STech's with illumina's would be better.

my car is still in good shape and only has 96xxxkms.. I checked out the spring buyer's guide and Stech's are listed as linear springs and progressive springs are recommended for softer daily driving. ** correct me if im wrong here**

Blue's and illumina's are too far out of my budget :(

What do you think of Eibach pro kit with msp struts combo?

Other recommendations/suggestions are appreciated :)

stech's are the only lowering spring that will drop the protege to a proper functional height. HP's are valved right about where the stech's need them to be. illumina's have 5 levels of adjustment, and level 3 is roughly HP damping rates. softer will be more comfortable on the street, firmer will increase the performance feel.

OEM stock MSP/MP3 struts will be too soft for stech's, but will be OK to the uncalibrated bum-o-meter. the rear spring perch is also at a different height, so the drop will not be as expected. plus, since buying used, who knows what kind of damping you will get or how much longer they will last.

if you can't afford hp's, just save your monies until you can.

OEM stock MSP/MP3 struts will be too soft for stech's, but will be OK to the uncalibrated bum-o-meter. the rear spring perch is also at a different height, so the drop will not be as expected. plus, since buying used, who knows what kind of damping you will get or how much longer they will last.

Point taken about used parts. Ill play it safe and save up for a good set.

Thanks for the info n advise!!

bump

Still in the market for used/new struts. Stock MSP/MP3

Tokico HP or Tokico Illumina for the right price!

PM me!

I tokico hp kit stuts and springs i use to run with tokico springs and i loved the ride i had a nice drop w/o being to low but i sold my tokico springs and now i have some eibach sportlines. My cars been parked for about a yr and a half so i havent run with the springs yet but i did go a tad bit lower with the sportlines than with the tokico springs. Ill find out soon how the ride is once my cars back on the road

I tokico hp kit stuts and springs i use to run with tokico springs and i loved the ride i had a nice drop w/o being to low but i sold my tokico springs and now i have some eibach sportlines. My cars been parked for about a yr and a half so i havent run with the springs yet but i did go a tad bit lower with the sportlines than with the tokico springs. Ill find out soon how the ride is once my cars back on the road

Thanks bud let me know how you like the ride. Im looking into a set of sportlines atm. Btw the sportlines are the same spring for pro5 and sedans right? I didn't see a different spring on the buyers guide so im making my assumption based on the guide. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Well from what i hear the p5 rear springs are a little stiffer to compensate for the weight than the sedan spring. So im not sure if the aftermarket springs are different for sedan and hatch or if they are the same. But technically they can be used ive heard people using p5 springs on their sedans and vice versa. So i guess youll be fine IMO.

I will tell you how my ride is once i get it going. the ones that are different is the MSP springs since the struts have a higher perch so they should only be used on the MSP from what i hear.

Im sure someone will come and verify or deny what im saying all i know is what i hear from others.

stock springs are slightly different, but they are interchangeable. the average driver would never notice a difference between the two sets.

just about every currently available aftermarket spring set is the same between pro5 and sedan.

Thanks for the help guys!! Much appreciated. Im going to get a set of Eibach Sportline springs this weekend and order new tokico struts. :D cant wait to see the improvement.

Latest posts

Back