any easy and cheap modifications for P5?

ds5874

:
Mazda Protege5
Hello all, this is my first time posting on here and I am the owner of a 2002 Mazda Protege5 5 speed manual. I am only 18 right now and my budget isn't that big but I am willing to put time into maybe fixing or removing or adding something to increase performance. I love this car, although it doesn't have that much power it is very exciting in the turns. So what things can I do to the car or engine to increase power? I have already removed an air intake hose which I heard increases power slightly, but that is basically it. I am also wondering what the benefits of running the car on premium instead of regular would be? Any increase in power or fuel economy, or any noticable changes at all?
Thank you for your time in reading and responding

Wait, you removed the intake tube? So now you have no air filter and the maf sensor isn't giving readings?

I am curious about this intake tube you have removed, a little more elaboration on that is needed.

sorry about the delay was having computer problems and yes i do mean the stuff up front, everything before the airbox. Basically it is the airbox with no tubes coming out the front of it.

Back