alarm disable button

Smitty1017

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
I am having issues with my car not starting. i will hear a click from the dash area, and thats it. i had this problem like 3 months ago and then i just kept turning the key and finally the car started fine for awhile and now nothing. So anyways I assumed it was the starter but apparently it wasnt because i changed the starter out and now nothing. one thing I did notice was the main cable going to the old starter wasnt on tight, so I thinking that was the original problem. However, now my alarm is going crazy, i had to pull the horn fuse to get it to shut up whenever the battery is plugged in. I was reading about a disable button under the dash that i can supposedly press when starting to disable the alarm but for the life of me I cant find it. can someone explain in better detail where it is and what it looks like? thanks

There is a metal support brace under the drivers side of the dashboard and there is a hole drilled in it with a black button mounted in it. If you have a flashlight and crawl under the dash and look up you will see it. Unlock the car with the keys and hit the unlock and lock button repeatedly on the drivers door. That should reset the alarm.

OMG thank you so much. I found it. car started right up like a champ. all that trouble and the whole time it was probably that little button. I tell you one thing changing the starter on this car was an order of magnitude harder than any other starter on any other car ive ever done in my life. I had to kill the engine real quick since i didnt have any of the intercooler or intake tubing hooked up ( I also did the corksport mount inserts while I did the starter..which is also a nightmare when you dont have the proper tools. I dont think ive ever slammed my knuckles on a car so many times in my life. I wanted to scream!) but tomorrow when its light out again all i gotta do now is put the through bolt on the engine mount(which will also be a pain to do by myself), install the bottom suspension cross member, hook up all the hoses and im finally done. thank god.

Awesome glad to hear it worked. I have done all 4 motor mounts both on my car and another member's car and I know exactly what you mean. It's completely worth it when it's done though.

I had this problem with mine too. I took it to a Mazda shop here, and it turned out the shock sensor for the alarm was bad. Even got to where pulling the horn fuse wouldnt bypass it anymore. We ended up having to completely pull the alarm out.

Photo or more info on where this is?

There is a metal support brace under the drivers side of the dashboard and there is a hole drilled in it with a black button mounted in it. If you have a flashlight and crawl under the dash and look up you will see it. Unlock the car with the keys and hit the unlock and lock button repeatedly on the drivers door. That should reset the alarm.

Hi there, this same thing is happening to my Mazda Tribute now. I had to completely disconnect the battery to get the alarm to stop going off. Do you recall where this metal support brace is located, closer to the wheel or more towards the back or side of the dash? Any help would be great!

its directly behind the change tray on the left side of the wheel, WAYY up in there, you have to really dig and prod to find it.. flashlight & patience works

I had this problem with mine too. I took it to a Mazda shop here, and it turned out the shock sensor for the alarm was bad. Even got to where pulling the horn fuse wouldnt bypass it anymore. We ended up having to completely pull the alarm out.

Sorry for the super duper old bump but how did you pull the alarm out?

Back