What did you pay for your CX-5?

hello guys - picked up my deep crystal blue cx-5 touring with preferred package for $28.4k (otd) on last saturday.
0% apr.
I really love the color. Thanks everyone for keeping this thread active and helping new buyers.

Cheers !!!!!

saras!

Hi guys, I've been reading these threads daily because I am dying to get a 2018 GT AWD Soul Red with parchment interior which is $32,535. I am trying to get the 0% APR. Was given a quote of 31500, then lowered to 30500 because I threatened to walk away, and the 2nd offer still sounds ridiculously high. I told him we are not even close on price range so I left the dealership (the sales manager was kind of a hardass) I was hoping to get one for 28500...because it seems like people have been getting about 12.5% off MSRP with the 0% finance recently. Does the 28500 seem like a reasonable price? Would love to get opinion from you guys. Hopefully I can drive my first mazda in the next couple of weeks.

28,500 would be an excellent price. Outstanding even. 29,500 would be good. 30,500 would be fair. Keep pushing. [emoji106]

Hi guys, I've been reading these threads daily because I am dying to get a 2018 GT AWD Soul Red with parchment interior which is $32,535. I am trying to get the 0% APR. Was given a quote of 31500, then lowered to 30500 because I threatened to walk away, and the 2nd offer still sounds ridiculously high. I told him we are not even close on price range so I left the dealership (the sales manager was kind of a hardass) I was hoping to get one for 28500...because it seems like people have been getting about 12.5% off MSRP with the 0% finance recently. Does the 28500 seem like a reasonable price? Would love to get opinion from you guys. Hopefully I can drive my first mazda in the next couple of weeks.

It's highly doable. If that's what you're willing to pay, that's what you're willing to pay. That's it. You say you would like to drive in a couple of weeks, well, don't give in to anything other than that price for the next couple of weeks.

It also sounds like you did your initial negotiating at the dealership. I'd advise to do the rest of your shopping around by email with several dealers in your area, or within distance you're willing to travel, and then the next trip to a dealer will be to solidify the deal you were looking to obtain...

Good luck, stay strong, be patient, and enjoy your new ride once that deal falls into place...

It's highly doable. If that's what you're willing to pay, that's what you're willing to pay. That's it. You say you would like to drive in a couple of weeks, well, don't give in to anything other than that price for the next couple of weeks.

It also sounds like you did your initial negotiating at the dealership. I'd advise to do the rest of your shopping around by email with several dealers in your area, or within distance you're willing to travel, and then the next trip to a dealer will be to solidify the deal you were looking to obtain...

Good luck, stay strong, be patient, and enjoy your new ride once that deal falls into place...

I actually did my initial negotiating online about a month ago to gauge the market, the best offer at the time was 29600 (cash price). The 29600 was an initial offer from one of the dealer, I didn't leverage the offers against one another. I also received an initial offer of 30,107 with 0%. I am willing to pay more, but obviously want close to the best price possible. I swung by the dealership because I was in the area to see what the "dealer" was asking for in person, but was definitely planning to buy at the right price. The manager assumed I wasn't serious because I was trading in my beat-up 2004 Acura TSX. So it was insulting that his initial offer was 31500. Now I am gonna do further shopping via email to see how much I can talk it down. But, does 28500 sound too low of an offer? Thank you for responding.

Last edited:
Doesn't seem to low to me, of course, they're gonna tell you otherwise. Hopefully you find that dealer today/tomorrow that wants to sell a car on Labor Day and they tell you to come get it. It's definitely possible. The cars are selling for sure, but it's about time to move some inventory for the 2019s to arrive. Good luck, and here's to getting the deal you want...

Doesn't seem to low to me, of course, they're gonna tell you otherwise. Hopefully you find that dealer today/tomorrow that wants to sell a car on Labor Day and they tell you to come get it. It's definitely possible. The cars are selling for sure, but it's about time to move some inventory for the 2019s to arrive. Good luck, and here's to getting the deal you want...

I dont see why they're so unflexible on price. It would be more logical to pay another 1k or 1.5k to get the '19 model when it comes out. Mazdas sales strategy is baffling especially considering there are still '17s in stock around my area

just picked up my GT soul red on parchment for 29700 with 0% finance. prob could have went down to 29600, but I am happy. Just waiting til Thursday to pick it up.

New to this forum. Thinking of replacing my old Tacoma truck for a CX5. Drove one in early January and like it. Does Mazda give a large cash back if a new model year comes out, ie 2019?

Thanks,
TT

New to this forum. Thinking of replacing my old Tacoma truck for a CX5. Drove one in early January and like it. Does Mazda give a large cash back if a new model year comes out, ie 2019?

Thanks,
TT

They can give up to $2k Customer Cash which everyone qualifies. Idk what they*re giving currently ($500-1k most likely), but go to the mazdausa website, enter in you zip code, and scroll to specials about the CX-5. Good luck on your journey to purchase a new car...

A Tacoma is a salesmen*s dream trade-in bc they keep their value and sell easily, so make sure you get top dollar for your trade-in, or look to sell privately...

They can give up to $2k Customer Cash which everyone qualifies. Idk what they*re giving currently ($500-1k most likely), but go to the mazdausa website, enter in you zip code, and scroll to specials about the CX-5. Good luck on your journey to purchase a new car...

A Tacoma is a salesmen*s dream trade-in bc they keep their value and sell easily, so make sure you get top dollar for your trade-in, or look to sell privately...

Yes, I am aware of the Tacoma value (on my second one, the resale value is crazy).

Hey all -

New here, looking at picking up a 2018 CX5 GT to replace my VW Golf which VW is buying back due to its horrible sunroof design.

Got quoted $28,110 (sale price, not OTD), for a white / parchment GT with premium package. (Edit: FWD) Seems pretty competitive?

Last edited:
Hey all -

New here, looking at picking up a 2018 CX5 GT to replace my VW Golf which VW is buying back due to its horrible sunroof design.

Got quoted $28,110 (sale price, not OTD), for a white / parchment GT with premium package. Seems pretty competitive?

AWD or FWD?

Hey all -

Got quoted $28,110 (sale price, not OTD), for a white / parchment GT with premium package. (Edit: FWD) Seems pretty competitive?

Assuming MSRP is 33K USD - this is a superb offer. If car is a 32K one then its 12.5% off msrp which is a great offer at this point. One thing I have noted is 2017 onwards CX5 has shot up in desirability. Its almost impossible to find a used 17 Sport for under 20K. so for Gen 2 these are good discounts overall.

MSRP is $32,615. It seemed very competitive. I*ve already had one regional dealer say they couldn*t match it and bow out.

They found a couple FWD GTs without PP as well (my preference, just not that excited by the HUD and other goodies in that) and offered $26,620 if I finance with Mazda (which is fine, I can always re-fi right away).

I understand the CX5 production facility in Japan was flooded and there will be no new CX5 coming for a while. That*s going to impact supply and pricing a lot I suspect...

Last edited:
2018 Blue fwd touring with preferred. My 2012 ex-l odyssey with 92,000 and $15,000 out the door. 7% tax in my state. Carmax offered me 11,000 and Mazda 12,000 before my offer, which they accepted. Youll have to judge what the final price was but somewhere around 27,500-28,000...

Hey all -

Why are you still here? GO GET THAT CAR! [emoji106]

Back