What did you pay for your CX-5?

Hi everyone, it's my first time purchasing a car and am not too sure if I'm getting a good deal - the details are below:

MSRP: $27,155
Quote: $24,099
Taxes, fees, & etc: $2,652

Drive out: $26,751

Is this deal worth it?

Hi everyone, it's my first time purchasing a car and am not too sure if I'm getting a good deal - the details are below:

MSRP: $27,155
Quote: $24,099
Taxes, fees, & etc: $2,652

Drive out: $26,751

Is this deal worth it?

For what model trim, color, packages

I'm going to guess Touring with no package. This is a fun game. Yea, that's a good deal. Sport? Not a good deal.

Ive had a hard time talking any dealers down from MSRP around here. Im looking for a 2017 GT AWD without premium package and the best Ive been offered is $32,000 for soul red (not a color I really care for). Is that a good deal?

I’ve had a hard time talking any dealers down from MSRP around here. I’m looking for a 2017 GT AWD without premium package and the best I’ve been offered is $32,000 for soul red (not a color I really care for). Is that a good deal?
No. Where is "around here".

No. Where is "around here".

Im in East Tennessee including the Nashville area. And I should clarify thats price out the door, $29,340 before tax and fees. I also got an offer for GT AWD eternal blue for $31,000 out the door.

Last edited:
Yes, you should have clarified. We only want before TTL.
That an ok price then. Not awesome. But not getting ripped off either. Have you asked about throwing in accessories?

That an ok price then. Not awesome. But not getting ripped off either. Have you asked about throwing in accessories?

Good advice, exactly what I did... negotiated the price that was satisfactory and then told the dealer if they throw in roof rack cross bars, they got a deal.

Was recently quoted by my cousin who said he is getting "dealer price".
36 month lease.
2018 Mazda CX-5 Sport AWD
$240/month with $2048 out of pocket

2018 Mazda CX-5 Touring FWD
$270/month with $2200 out of pocket.
Optional Tech package is $17/month extra

As much as I trust my cousin, I am going to be calling other dealerships tomorrow to see if I am truly getting a good deal or if I could get a better one.

All 6 dealers Ive talked to have refused to add accessories to any car. Ive got an offer for a GT AWD in eternal blue for $28,475 before TTD that Im thinking about accepting. Dealer also refused to add accessories (all I asked for was all weather mats and roof rails).

All 6 dealers I’ve talked to have refused to add accessories to any car.
That's a bit of a surprise. All 6 dealers saying no? Sounds like collusion.
I can honestly say I've never failed to get some free stuff when buying a new car.
Most recently, my 2017 M6 that I bought in October, I got all kinds of stuff thrown in.

Here in Oz, the current list price for a GT is 51K but just they can be had for 43K ( drive away, all costs inclusive ), as l have just done.
Cheers,
OKB

Last edited:
A Sport FWD is $219/ mo on Mazda website so that sounds right for AWD.

In my zip code (NYC), the 2018 Sport FWD is $179 a month. Thats why Im a bit skeptical.
mzeQeCz.png

All 6 dealers Ive talked to have refused to add accessories to any car. Ive got an offer for a GT AWD in eternal blue for $28,475 before TTD that Im thinking about accepting. Dealer also refused to add accessories (all I asked for was all weather mats and roof rails).

is that cost taking incentives into the equation?

I have an offer for a 2017 GT no package of 33,324 OTD, which is about ~$30,773 for the car alone and i am thinking they can do better esp without the package which i have now decided i want. trying to decide what i should be countering with

Sounds like you guys in Canada & America are enjoying much lower costs to purchase a new CX-5 ................ good luck to you all!
Here in Oz, went get smacked over good and proper.

is that cost taking incentives into the equation?

I have an offer for a 2017 GT no package of 33,324 OTD, which is about ~$30,773 for the car alone and i am thinking they can do better esp without the package which i have now decided i want. trying to decide what i should be countering with

Its taking a 1,250 rebate into account and the discount they gave me off MSRP. A lot of the other 2017 GT I looked at had a ton of additional options and/or the premium package and I couldnt find a dealer that would go below $33,000 OTD. No one would come down even though I didnt want the additional options, and no one was throwing options in for free.

Back