What did you pay for your CX-5?

Got another offer that was sticker, $2K over the best so far. Emailed another dealer, we'll see what they come back with.

My last new car i bought was 2003, bought a used MX5 in between that. Never have done the email on line thing for buying before.

Purchased a 2016.5 CX-5 Sport at AutoNation Mazda in Fort Worth, Texas this weekend after shopping every dealer in the state and after Garlyn Shelton Mazda in Temple refused to honor an offer on their website (and which had been confirmed via email).

MSRP: $24,675
- Dealer discount: $3,609
=Selling price: $21,066
- Mazda rebate: $2,000
=Taxable total: $19,066
+Sales tax: $1,191.63
+Misc. fees: $386.26
=Total OTD: $20,643.89

Last edited:
Purchased a 2016.5 CX-5 Sport at AutoNation Mazda in Fort Worth, Texas this weekend after shopping every dealer in the state and after Garlyn Shelton Mazda in Temple refused to honor an offer on their website (and which had been confirmed via email).

MSRP: $24,675
- Dealer discount: $3,609
=Selling price: $21,066
- Mazda rebate: $2,000
=Taxable total: $19,066
+Sales tax: $1,191.63
+Misc. fees: $386.26
=Total OTD: $20,643.89
So there're still new 2016.5 CX-5s available in Oct. 2017? Especially a base Sport model? And youre in San Antonio shopping around the whole Texas and bought one in Fort Worth? Well your patient is paid off and got a brand-new CX-5 for only $19,066 before TTL!!! Congratulations! (cool)

Got my first OTD price:

2017 CX5 AWD with PEP

$26692 includes incentives
$1601 tax 6%
$138 doc fee
$165 plate title

$28596 down the road.

So there're still new 2016.5 CX-5’s available in Oct. 2017? Especially a base Sport model? And you’re in San Antonio shopping around the whole Texas and bought one in Fort Worth? Well your patient is paid off and got a brand-new CX-5 for only $19,066 before TTL!!! Congratulations! (cool)
Still quite a few of them in my area. I was at my dealer 2 weeks ago and they had a 2016.5 that still had the protective plastic on the hood from transport!

Hi. This is my first post but I've been following Mazda 247 for a while. It's a good forum.

We're looking for a 2017 Mazda CX-5 and will probably go with the touring trim and the preferred option package. This combo stickers in at about $29,000 give or take.

Got a quote from my closest Mazda dealer, the agency that sold me my last two cars. They aren't the absolute cheapest dealer but they are large enough to offer a reasonable discount and usually gave better discounts than the other local Mazda dealers. They also have a good service department and their sales staff knows the Mazda line inside and out. We're on the East Coast, btw, in the Philly area.

Quote was $700 off manufacturers list price. I was pretty shocked at that offer as most folks in this thread are posting far larger discounts. I understand the folks on the West Coast do far better so I wasn't expecting a huge discount - but $1500 was more what I expected them to start at. So I went into the agency to talk to them in person but nothing really came of it in terms of moving their offer. $700 off on a $29 grand vehicle?

I'll get quotes from other dealers to see what is reasonable but am still shocked the local dealer's discount was so slim. Any thoughts or ideas?

That is the sale price I am being quoted on an AWD. I gave you the low prices, one was a grand higher than the 2, one got back to me and increased $200.

The tax thing turns out is a non issue, my county does not have the higher tax and that is dependent upon what county you live in.

So, MSRP is $28,935 for Black/Black AWD Touring + PEP.

Sale price of $26,389 is an 8.8% discount. Not bad, not great. I'd try to get a bit more personally.

Edit: Though a Touring may not have as big a discount of a GT.

Last edited:
Hi. This is my first post but I've been following Mazda 247 for a while. It's a good forum.

We're looking for a 2017 Mazda CX-5 and will probably go with the touring trim and the preferred option package. This combo stickers in at about $29,000 give or take.

Got a quote from my closest Mazda dealer, the agency that sold me my last two cars. They aren't the absolute cheapest dealer but they are large enough to offer a reasonable discount and usually gave better discounts than the other local Mazda dealers. They also have a good service department and their sales staff knows the Mazda line inside and out. We're on the East Coast, btw, in the Philly area.

Quote was $700 off manufacturers list price. I was pretty shocked at that offer as most folks in this thread are posting far larger discounts. I understand the folks on the West Coast do far better so I wasn't expecting a huge discount - but $1500 was more what I expected them to start at. So I went into the agency to talk to them in person but nothing really came of it in terms of moving their offer. $700 off on a $29 grand vehicle?

I'll get quotes from other dealers to see what is reasonable but am still shocked the local dealer's discount was so slim. Any thoughts or ideas?

That's ridiculous. I'd just reach out to dealers yourself and start getting some quotes. $700 off is a joke.

Repeat customers are shafted the best. I won't see the face of salesman who sold me my Mazda. But I got a deal most repeat customers don't. There's a reason you are repeat. My dealership don't want to see my face again if they sold me a car for slim margin.

That's ridiculous. I'd just reach out to dealers yourself and start getting some quotes. $700 off is a joke.

Thanks for the feedback. I thought it was a rather bad offer.

So I've sent out requests for quotes from several other dealerships. Rather than quote me, as requested, they want me to "stop by" or send additional (unneeded) information.

Man, is it a PITA to get a straight answer from a car dealer. I'll report back when some of them decide to supply the requested numbers.

Thanks for the feedback. I thought it was a rather bad offer.

So I've sent out requests for quotes from several other dealerships. Rather than quote me, as requested, they want me to "stop by" or send additional (unneeded) information.

Man, is it a PITA to get a straight answer from a car dealer. I'll report back when some of them decide to supply the requested numbers.

There are bad dealers. If you are 100% sure you want cx5 don't go to dealer without email quote.
Vandergriff here in Arlington did a trick. Quoted a price and upon test drive his co-worker came by and pulled the keys saying it's sold. It was so fake me and wifey glanced at each other and left. Suckers still keep calling me asking if I bought a car.

Well now I'm inundated with offers. Most are less than the original quote and others much less. The further away the dealership, it seems, the better the offer.

There is a difference in what the various dealerships are offering as incentives. Nothing from the cheaper dealers but the original dealer gives free oil changes for as long as you own the car. Interesting to do the math and figure how that plays out over 10 years and how it makes their quote much less terrible. At least if you keep a car a long time the way we do.

There are bad dealers. If you are 100% sure you want cx5 don't go to dealer without email quote.
Vandergriff here in Arlington did a trick. Quoted a price and upon test drive his co-worker came by and pulled the keys saying it's sold. It was so fake me and wifey glanced at each other and left. Suckers still keep calling me asking if I bought a car.

15 years ago when we went out car shopping there were all sorts of idiot dealers doing all sorts of stupid things. This time around it's been pretty much smooth sailing and being treated very well (even by some of the same dealerships that were idiots back in the day). So we've been lucky so far and have been treated nicely.

I'm hoping a few of the email quotes will move the numbers at the two local dealerships into reasonable territory. It's worked in the past.

There is a difference in what the various dealerships are offering as incentives. Nothing from the cheaper dealers but the original dealer gives free oil changes for as long as you own the car. Interesting to do the math and figure how that plays out over 10 years and how it makes their quote much less terrible. At least if you keep a car a long time the way we do.

I had the free oil changes for life.

It's like a warranty.

No good if the company giving it to you goes away!

In my case, the dealer sold out to a dealer group in the area, and the new group does not honor the free oil change deal.

So I mean, it's a good perk, but it can go away. I guess I got 4 years of oil changes, but still...I am very bitter about that.

Yeah, the dealership could change. It's been there for about 30 years under the same ownership so who knows what may go on in the next few years. All I can do is weigh the offers and see if any one of them seems "right".

I'm heading to another dealership tomorrow. It's more convenient than the free oil change dealer but it's a smaller agency and most likely won't have much wriggle room. Yet they get a shot at it just like all the others.

Funny, they were under different ownership 15 years ago and dealing with their Ford agency was nothing short of despicable. Yet we've been to the Mazda side several times in the past few months and they've been nice, professional and weren't the least bit pushy. A complete 180 degree turn around from the old owners.

Hmmmm....my prices are in Pittsburgh, appear to be a lot better than what you are seeing. I'm dealing with about 6 dealerships currently. So far all are within a $500 dollar range. My angle is to get the car with fog lights installed as part of the deal. Would probably cost me $500 to do that job, the switch turn signal stalk is $40+ retail and the lights are $372.

Hmmmm....my prices are in Pittsburgh, appear to be a lot better than what you are seeing. I'm dealing with about 6 dealerships currently. So far all are within a $500 dollar range. My angle is to get the car with fog lights installed as part of the deal. Would probably cost me $500 to do that job, the switch turn signal stalk is $40+ retail and the lights are $372.

Here are the numbers in the NJ/PA area:
List Price $28,935.00

Local dealer $28,735.00 with unlimited oil changes
Dealers less than an hour away quoted $27, 277.00, $27,677.00, and "$26,500 to $27,500 and can you come visit us tonight?"

One dealer that's further away quoted $26,814 and put a time limit on the offer for this weekend. Fair enough.

It's still been surprising as the free oil change dealership used to be lower than average for prices in this area. Guess you can't take anything for granted.

Thanks for all the ideas and help.

I got one of those "free oil change and inspections" offers too. I live an hour+ from the dealership and it would involve me carving out 2+hours roundtrip driving into and out of Pittsburgh, plus time in shop, for an oil change. When I pointed that out to the sales rep, he countered with I could get the work done at their other dealership that is 45 minutes away and avoids the city, instead into a busy suburb. That same dealership is #2 on my current best price list @$26,692 for the touring with PEP AWD.

I'm still going to hit all of them with the free fog light angle!

I've seen at least a few people in here from California. I was hoping to get a sense of the total cost of a CX-5 in that region. If I had a breakdown on the quote I'd have given it to you but ultimately I'm going to want to know what OTD price I should be shooting for down there.

Thanks for the dismissiveness though.

Purchased last week, New 2017 Red, CX-5 Touring + preferred package, $25,267 for the car + taxes/fees. You can get another $1,250 off if you don't take the 0.9% financing. Bay Area, California

Purchased last week, New 2017 Red, CX-5 Touring + preferred package, $25,267 for the car + taxes/fees. You can get another $1,250 off if you don't take the 0.9% financing. Bay Area, California

I thought it would work just the opposite? You TAKE the financing, as they want your interest payment, and in exchange you get a discount. Please explain!

Back