What did you pay for your CX-5?

anyone from Texas is looking into CX-5 touring or GT trim? Looks like Houston dealers is being very arrogant right now. not sure about Austin or Dallas dealers. Any thoughts
Thanks
I've had excellent experience with Town North Mazda in Richardson. They're the oldest Mazda dealer in DFW area. Contact GM / Sales Manager Alex Tsvang directly and telling him you're referred by Mazdas247, or sales consultant Richard Blye if Alex is too busy.

anyone from Texas is looking into CX-5 touring or GT trim? Looks like Houston dealers is being very arrogant right now. not sure about Austin or Dallas dealers. Any thoughts
Thanks

12% off MSRP is possible in DFW. Just got my CX-5 Touring. You can find my post here.

Kaps, Thanks! This is very helpful! I currently get some quotes for a bit more than 5% after two rounds. It is competitive for buyers. One thing I notice is that dealers insist that the even the 5% dealer discount off MSRP before Mazda rebates (if applicable) can not be combined with 0.9% APR from Mazda. another dealer BS to suqeeze for more money?
Best

Kaps, Thanks! This is very helpful! I currently get some quotes for a bit more than 5% after two rounds. It is competitive for buyers. One thing I notice is that dealers insist that the even the 5% dealer discount off MSRP before Mazda rebates (if applicable) can not be combined with 0.9% APR from Mazda. another dealer BS to suqeeze for more money?
Best
Those low interest-rate financings from Mazda usually have the fine print from Mazda that you can't combine low interest-rate offer with any other offers such as the cash backs. You either have to find your own financing with low interest rate from Credit Union or other sources, or take the low interest-rate offer from Mazda but giving up other cash back offers.

Those low interest-rate financings from Mazda usually have the fine print from Mazda that you can't combine low interest-rate offer with any other offers such as the cash backs. You either have to find your own financing with low interest rate from Credit Union or other sources, or take the low interest-rate offer from Mazda but giving up other cash back offers.
Yes, this is my understanding too. But what dealer is talking about is that 5% off msrp dealer discount not the Mazda cash rebate is not offered if I choose to go with Mazda low apr offer. But it is Houston dealers.

Yes, this is my understanding too. But what dealer is talking about is that 5% off msrp dealer discount not the Mazda cash rebate is not offered if I choose to go with Mazda low apr offer. But it is Houston dealers.
It's all supply and demand. Like Kaps said basically due to Hurricane Harvey Houston Mazda dealers don't have to discount much. You may have to wait a bit, or try Dallas dealers suggested by us.

Got an offer for 29,700 for the grand select model in white. Out the door was about ~33,000 Seems like a luke warm offer but the dealer wouldn't budge on the price. I could probably do better yeah?

Hi, first post after reading through the recent months of this thread. I hope I can get an impression.

I think I'm in the market for a '17 FWD Touring with PEP in Soul Crystal Red and would be buying in or around Los Angeles. I would be paying cash but they don't know that. I believe there are at least 3 dealerships in LA with this specific model listed on their site's New Inventory.

I priced out the vehicle in Mazda USA's site and the MSRP came up as $28,230. I've only contacted one dealer via email just to get a sense of what to expect and was quoted $2958.90 OTD. I don't have any numbers as to how that price breaks down.

Me: "So that I can confirm, 2017 CX5 Touring in Red with Preferred Equipment Package is $2958.90 including Tax, Title and Temporary Tags.There are no costs beyond this number such as document fees or otherwise?"

Dealer: "yes that is correct, $29580.90 includes all taxes and fees"

I wonder how far below $29580 OTD I should be trying to get to in SoCal to feel like I did respectably.

Thanks and Hello,
-Bill

Another OTD quote...? It gets tiresome.

I've seen at least a few people in here from California. I was hoping to get a sense of the total cost of a CX-5 in that region. If I had a breakdown on the quote I'd have given it to you but ultimately I'm going to want to know what OTD price I should be shooting for down there.

Thanks for the dismissiveness though.

I've seen at least a few people in here from California. I was hoping to get a sense of the total cost of a CX-5 in that region. If I had a breakdown on the quote I'd have given it to you but ultimately I'm going to want to know what OTD price I should be shooting for down there.

Thanks for the dismissiveness though.

There's a lot of folks who post OTD prices, yet taxes and fees vary so much between states or even cities that it's hard to determine if it's a good price or not for some folks who come here asking. Much more helpful in that regard is what MSRP is and what the sale price is.

I get your point, but OTD is sort of useless to the rest of us.

Thank You ColoradoDriver,

I'm wondering though how much even 'sale' price is of use to persons from other regions as it seems like some regions may tend to see better sale prices than others. Maybe it's different for Mazdas but I guess the East Coast gets better prices on CRVs than other parts of the country.

Also, does sale price include any dealer prep, document fee, etc? (I don't know, I'm actually asking). If not, then even sale price only says so much if there are additional cost in between sale price and TTL that vary.

With SoCal being as well represented in this thread I thought I could post an OTD price, which is ultimately the most definitive, from Los Angeles and get some perspective from within that region as to how much better I ought to be trying for in that region. Actually I've been rereading through the thread and found some reference points from SoCal. If I can get that OTD price down to $29,000 for a Soul Crystal Red with the PEP (sunroof, Bose, etc) without having to make multiple trips to multiple dealerships then I'll be content. It won't be the best price posted here as I only want to dedicate so much time to this, but thanks to this thread I have a sense of what price I'll feel comfortable with if I can get it without to much hassle.

I wonder how far below $29580 OTD I should be trying to get to in SoCal to feel like I did respectably.

Based on California sales tax, they offered you less than 3% discount...savings reported on this list vary between 7-12% on average, so you have a lot of haggling ahead of you to get there...

cheers&gl
thd

Thank You ColoradoDriver,

I'm wondering though how much even 'sale' price is of use to persons from other regions as it seems like some regions may tend to see better sale prices than others. Maybe it's different for Mazdas but I guess the East Coast gets better prices on CRVs than other parts of the country.

Incredibly useful.

I think you're thinking about this the wrong way. Most Mazda deals are evaluated as what percentage you got off from MSRP, aka the sale price before TTL is tacked on (OTD price). With certain percentages being reasonable deals, some being amazing, and some not that much of a good deal. With those 2 numbers (sale price, MSRP) anyone can tell you if it's a reasonable deal or not regardless of area. To your point though, then other folks here in your area can comment on what they got and if it's in line with the area. But there are generally acknowledged good deals.

But with varying fees, doc fees, dealer fees, and taxes by area, OTD is pretty useless for us evaluating. For example, I'd estimate you have $2k+ in taxes. I had $762. So our OTD will be wildly different even if our sale price is the same.

Edit: I mean the post above pretty much had to estimate.

Welp,

OK, Thank You for taking the time and apologies for bringing up the sale/otd thing as I know, in fairness to TinyTires above, I know that it's been hashed out many times already. I've never bought a new car and am unsure as to how much work it'd take to get into that 7-12% range. To see as much of a discount as I did from just an online quote inquiry had me encouraged.

Thanks Again

Last edited:
Hi, could you tell me your area? I live in Georgia. I want to buy a new 2017 MAZDA CX-5 GRAND TOURING AWD in Deep Crystal Blue Mica / Parchment Leather with Premium Package. I want to take your price as reference price. Thanks.

2017 Red CX-5 Touring, FWD + preferred package: $25,267 (without rebates)
Bought it in the Bay Area (Putnam Mazda in Burlingame CA).

Hello, relatively new poster long time Mazda owner.

Looking at a 2017 CX5 Touring with the PEP, black on black. Emailed all the local dealerships and let them know that they are all in competition for my sale, 2 have came back with a $26,428 & $26,389. Unfortunately do not have a price for the add ons. These prices are from the Pittsburgh area, the tax for that county will be higher.

Is the price good bad or ugly?

Hello, relatively new poster long time Mazda owner.

Looking at a 2017 CX5 Touring with the PEP, black on black. Emailed all the local dealerships and let them know that they are all in competition for my sale, 2 have came back with a $26,428 & $26,389. Unfortunately do not have a price for the add ons. These prices are from the Pittsburgh area, the tax for that county will be higher.

Is the price good bad or ugly?

Is that OTD, or the sale price?

Also, AWD or FWD?

That is the sale price I am being quoted on an AWD. I gave you the low prices, one was a grand higher than the 2, one got back to me and increased $200.

The tax thing turns out is a non issue, my county does not have the higher tax and that is dependent upon what county you live in.

Back