What did you pay for your CX-5?

And don't forget to ask for $750 CUSTOMER CASH on new 2017 CX-5 purchase right now.

Mine was $1250 customer cash not sure if this depends on the trim or not.
Mazda USA website only shows $750 Customer Cash right now. These offers can change anytime. When did you get $1,250 Customer Cash? Did you get other special offers included such as Loyalty or Miltary Cash Back?

Just today I got.
$812 USAA certified dealer MSRP discount
$1250 2017 Mazda Customer Cash
$650 Dealer Discount

If you scroll down further on Mazda USA it's at 2017 CX-5 $1250 with the vehicle picture.

Last edited:
Just today I got.
$812 USAA certified dealer MSRP discount
$1250 2017 Mazda Customer Cash
$650 Dealer Discount

If you scroll down further on Mazda UbbSA it's #at 2017 CX-5 $1250 with the vehicle picture.
Yes you're right! I set up a wrong zip code for special offers at Mazda USA website. For Texas it's $1,250 Customer Cash which is even better than $1,000 Customer Cash offered at the end of July.

I have to say you're one of the best here on general knowledge getting a new vehicle with the best possible price and other things on new car purchase! (cool)

Thanks. Now hoping to find time to mod my car a bit. Rear LED lights are on radar.

I have to say you're one of the best here on general knowledge getting a new vehicle with the best possible price and other things on new car purchase! (cool)
Now there will be no living with him... [emoji6]

Thanks. Now hoping to find time to mod my car a bit. Rear LED lights are on radar.
There're plenty of cheap aftermarket LED taillights for CX-5 available now. What I also found from the insurance claim of hail damage earlier this year is there're non-OEM LED taillights which look exactly the same as OEM with cheaper price too (that's the dollar amount insurance is willing to pay for the replacement). OEM-styled GT LED taillights have larger turn signals which should make them more visible from behind.

First post here, just picked up a 2017 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD in New Jersey. Sticker was 28,400. I ended up putting no money upfront, so zero out of pocket. They paid taxes, tags etc. 36 months, 12k miles, 298$ a month. Looking forward to my new Mazda, I shopped around and think I got a pretty good deal but you never know. Thanks in advance.

I also have a question about if I want to buy it at the end. I did not negotiate a sale price,only a monthly price with no money out of pocket. The residual (buy out price at the end) is a fixed number that all the same models have, or is that also negotiable??

Everything is negotiable. ;) That's the highest they can go though. A good example is our 2013 C70. We weren't planning to buy it out until Volvo announced 4 months after we bought ours that they weren't making anymore. So when our lease was up, there was zero budging on that price. Dealer did not want us paying that because he could sell it for a lot more. If they weren't in demand we could have paid less.

Last edited:
I also have a question about if I want to buy it at the end. I did not negotiate a sale price,only a monthly price with no money out of pocket. The residual (buy out price at the end) is a fixed number that all the same models have, or is that also negotiable??

also is this for leasing the car @machmood869 or for financing? sorry im new to cars haha

Ok I got a quote tell me if this is a good deal because I have another dealership that said they would do better than this, this is for a CX-5 GT Premium Pkg. (see attached typed quote). I have another dealer who will give me the same deal but adding this...(his quote)
I give u for free:
10 year/100k powertrain warranty (they do 5 year/60k)
Free lifetime carwashes and vacuuming
Free lifetime towing
Free lifetime rental vehicles
Free first top to bottom service
Free annual full service inspections
And he said this...
That's $4238 off from them.
Their's-$500 owner loyalty in there,
so they're discounting $3748.
I'm discounting 4k. AND giving u all the extras.

He also said...
They're $4238 off with owner loyalty,
I'm 4500. And I give u all the extras

What do you think? Keep in mind I haven't talked to the guy who put this quote on paper, about any warranty and all the free stuff the 2nd guy mentioned. I'm thinking of not getting the premium pkg. just because I can shave another 2k off the price or the red because it has an extra charge. I don't mind not having memory seats I don't have them now and it doesn't bother me I will miss the heads up part just because it's pretty cool. (I have a friend in the car world did me a favor sent me the attached quote.

Attachments

• IMG_3336.PNG
    IMG_3336.PNG
    83.2 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Ok I got a quote tell me if this is a good deal because I have another dealership that said they would do better than this, this is for a CX-5 GT Premium Pkg. (see attached typed quote). I have another dealer who will give me the same deal but adding this...(his quote)
I give u for free:
Free lifetime towing
And he said this...

First off - the loaded AWD with Premium Package is 34,060 dollars, so your car has an added option - GET that clarified.
Even if I assume your price of 34,4XX dollars - you are getting 12.33% off msrp. So you have basically gotten one of the best 2017 quotes I have seen. Very good.

Now the list of freebies above:
10 year/100k powertrain warranty (they do 5 year/60k) - Read the fine print, not sure why any dealer would do this. BUT read the fine print.
Free lifetime carwashes and vacuuming - You have a beautiful car - was it few times but dont go to an auto car wash.
Free lifetime towing - dont know how much this is helpful, it will be fun to see if he honors this when you are driving the car and it has 200k miles on it lol.
Free lifetime rental vehicles - garbage.
Free first top to bottom service - not sure what this is.
Free annual full service inspections - garbage.

-- I always like things that I can feel a tangible value for. If I were in your shoes - I would assume the 100K warranty is either a lie or has so many conditions its going to be a pain to use it. All the other things are fine - but if I could trade all these freebies for
> 1 Accessory or two that I really want (Cargo tray is universally loved here)
> 1 or 2 Oil Changes with Mazda Moly Oil - a $150 value of real world.

Either ways you go - you have beaten some of the best discounts I have seen. Well the Taxes etc. seems high in CA, in TX this would have been 32,000 or under. But thats inevitable.

This is a great discount 12.33

good work.

also is this for leasing the car @machmood869 or for financing? sorry im new to cars haha

So my lease is 298$ a month out the door, nothing out of pocket for 36 months 12k miles. I was wondering is that is a good deal on a 2017 CX5 AWD Touring. My second question is at the end of it, is the buyout price negotiable, and was that price negotiable when I first made the lease deal.

I'm thinking of not getting the premium pkg. just because I can shave another 2k off the price or the red because it has an extra charge. I don't mind not having memory seats I don't have them now and it doesn't bother me I will miss the heads up part just because it's pretty cool. (I have a friend in the car world did me a favor sent me the attached quote.

Go with premium pkg. I had a loaner 17 CX-5 and tried it for a whole day. The heads up display is not only cool, it is really a useful feature. None of the other features like lane-departure, adaptive cruise, naviation will be useful with out a heads up display.

Last edited:
While I agree HUD is very cool saying those other features are useless with out it? That's not true.

I give u for free:
Free lifetime towing
And he said this...

He also said...
They're $4238 off with owner loyalty,
I'm 4500. And I give u all the extras

What do you think? Keep in mind I haven't talked to the guy who put this quote on paper, about any warranty and all the free stuff the 2nd guy mentioned. I'm thinking of not getting the premium pkg. just because I can shave another 2k off the price or the red because it has an extra charge. I don't mind not having memory seats I don't have them now and it doesn't bother me I will miss the heads up part just because it's pretty cool. (I have a friend in the car world did me a favor sent me the attached quote.
Seems a good deal. That said, I agree with Kaps.

100k/10 year warranty - read the fine print. Is that an extended factory warranty, or some 3rd party thing?

Lifetime free whatevers - great until the dealership gets bought out and they don't honor them anymore. Oil changes were what I got. Who gets their car washed at the dealer?

They should be doing inspections anyway when you come in for oil change service. At least the dealers here do, so that doesn't seem like an added thing to me.

2017 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring, Red paint, Parchment interior, w/Premium Package + wheel locks
MSRP: $34.1k
Paid: $32.0k @ 0.9%APR
Car Mileage : 12 miles

Had to visit 4 different Mazda dealers to get this. Bought from dealer 1hr away.
Very happy with the price.

Back