The test that kills cars off every year lol

That's pretty similar to what we have here in California. I'd say California is even stricter on what can't be done to your vehicle. However, the BIG difference is that California doesn't require annual vehicle inspections, surprising seeing as my state is broke. They way we get "fined" is by the police/highway patrol. If your car looks too low, or is too loud, that's enough reason to be pulled over. They can also pop your hood too, and any mods that don't have a CARB number on them will assist in racking up your fine.

Ah, the joy of living in a rural county. I take mine down to the Service Center where they also work on tractors. Pull in the bay, they check the lights and verify the engine light isn't on...you're done. No emission test, check for pending codes, road test, look under the hood or anything. Move one county over and it's a different story.

ohio ftw. we dont do s***. no inspections, no rules. youre just to "respect" their suggestions lol

Texas was emissions and basic inspection like horn and lights. Now that I'm in Washington, I expect it to be the same Commie hippie garbage that California does.

They don't do anything in MN any more -- we had smog tests back in the early 90's but they did away with them. Now it's the cops' job to deal with people who have equipment violations. Our window tint laws are pretty dumb (no darker than 50%) but at least they left in the provision for getting a medical prescription for it so I'm still legal to rock 35%.

How much do they charge for the MOT?

Thanks
Derrick
It's around 50 i think, thats just for the test, if you have problems that cause you to fail then you could be able to go home and do the repairs yourself or pay the garage to do it which i think for an hours work your looking at around 25-30 per hour for the labour alone lol, ive not had an MOT on any car since i started driving nearly 4 years ago, traded my 1st car in for my last mazda 2 and then traded that for my current one so managed to avoid MOT's :)

The cops pull you for stuff like window tint's if you just add them after the MOT, they pull you for something as daft as the spacing and lettering on your reg plate (license plate for you guys) because they dont like it when their camers in the cars and on the streets can't read your car's plates and so can't see your cars history lol

Chris

love this quote: "HID headlights can cause dazzle if they are dirty or aimed too high so car"

wow, they check seats, battery tie down...thats pretty intense, here they plug you in for odbII cel's, check for obvious safety issues (ties, horn, wipers, lights etc.) and your on your way

Around here they plug the car in to check for CEL, if there is nothing pending you are done.

-Derrick

That link is only naming the few changes for this year, the Test itself covers literally everything haha

Heh, I love my home province of Alberta. Once a car hits 15 years old, if it changes owner it needs a basic inspection for insurance purposes, but that basically just checks that all the lights work, the brakes have life left and the seatbelts work.

Back