Suspension build questions

dzaster89

:
02 Mazda Protege5
Hi everyone I'm fairly new to the car game and have picked up this protege5 as a daily commuter/project car. As you can see by my profile I own a 2002 red automatic. Now I won't be doing auto x or anything crazy with this car so engine wise I don't need any upgrades. The first thing I want to start is working on the suspension. What is a good build for the suspension on this vehicle? I will be driving normally but on the occasional fun run I want to have a good smooth ride. Currently everything is stock. Thanks in advance. :)

Tokico Blues HP struts/shocks and for springs depends on what you are looking for, if your not looking for a big drop then get racing beat springs, if you want a lower drop get teins. I drive in LA all the time and I would get racing beat so you can drive over all the damn trash on the road.

Tokico Blues HP struts/shocks and for springs depends on what you are looking for, if your not looking for a big drop then get racing beat springs, if you want a lower drop get teins. I drive in LA all the time and I would get racing beat so you can drive over all the damn trash on the road.
thank you. i'll definately look into those. i see people talking a lot about coilovers what's the difference if there is any?

thank you. i'll definately look into those. i see people talking a lot about coilovers what's the difference if there is any?

Like you Said your not using your Car for auto Crossing so i would stay away from Coil Overs. The Difference between Coil overs and Regular springs is that Coil Overs are adjustable meaning you can lower them with a Pirch spring practically until your Control arms hit the wheel wells that is actually really bad if the Control arms are hitting the wheel wells. COil overs are a really Ruff Ride and should really only be used for off roading only! Coil Springs are non adjustable but if you have a Shocks with a Dampner ontop you can lower your Ride hight with those too.

I beg to differ, when on there softest dampening they are really quite nice. I got Tokico's and Eibach springs and regret not going with a coilover set up. Also you cannot raise and lower the car with adjustable struts like Tokico Illuminas, only dampening.

Latest posts

Back