Found a hidden menu "Diagnosis Check"

I'm all excited about this hidden menu, although no option to disable lockout. Darn.
This may have been posted, but I don't remember seeing this on the CX-9 forum, so I apologize in advance if this has already been posted.

Found this from digging around on a MS6 forum posted in 2007.

Go to your calibration screen
press "Map Version"
once you are on the map version screen:
tap twice on upper left corner
tap twice on lower left corner
Now you are at the "Diagnosis Check" screen.

http://forum.***************/mazdaspeed6/189392-hacking-mazda-denso-nav-unit.html

I'm continuing to read through this ms6 forum.... something about a NAV remote??

The other hidden menu says to hold the return button on the nav remote during the agree screen and turn the parking lights on and off 3x.
Does the Mazda/Did the Mazda 6 have a remote control? I tried holding in the return button on the nav until and turning the park lights on/off 3x to no avail, and this hack appears to be much more meaningful than the Diagnosis Check screen.

Last edited:
So I found what this remote looks like for the ms6.
I see the "ret" button with which the MS6 guys accessed the hidden menu #2
There has to be a way to access this alternate hidden menu on the 9
Obviously holding down the "return' button on our navigation unit does not work.
The first hidden menu on the cx-9 does indicate the use of a remote....wonder if this remote would work with our Denso unit as well?
NavRemote.jpg

I need to go to work now and stop goofing around. Can someone try this and report back to see if this works for alternate hidden menu:

Setup
Version
up,up,up,down,down,down,up,up

something else I found, regarding the information display... you can turn the ignition to the "on" position, and turn the tns switch (parking lights) from off to on 5 times within 5 seconds, which allows you to perform a "check code inspection" and should reveal some other things as well... will have to try when I get home.

Apparently, you can also clear any dtc's (diag. trouble codes a.k.a. check engine light) by turning the parking lights from off to on 10x within 10 seconds while the dtc is illuminated on the drivers information display. Pretty cool.

helbigtw:

What you put down above are all in the WorkShop Manual.
At some point in the past "OMF" have posted it in "How-To" subforum.
I also posted some other stuff.
Some of those procedures only work for 2007 and 2008 models.
Since 2009, a lot of those procedures do not work any more.
Someone need to dig into 2009/2010/2011 WorkShop manual and post
procedures that work for those models.

** Proceeed at your own risk **

The Feature Analysis (or failure analysis?) has been posted before. Can you send me a link to the prior "Diagnosis Check" discussion? I can't seem to find it. I am trying to read all the information I can find on this.

ok so I found the .xls which OMF started.... this needs work and updating. I am convinced there is yet another diagnostic feature that has not been discovered.

I tried this on my 2010 CX9 and I could not get to the diagnostic screen from the map version screen...

You bet.
Software engineers always create "backdoor" for themselves.
From one release to another, they will shut it down and create another.

Back