dont buy mazda5 lips from baysonr

both my bayson R parts fit perfectly. is this just for the 2nd gen body style?

I'm pretty sure the newer ones will fit, but not perfectly. My rear lip would fit perfectly, if my exhaust wasnt there and I was still using the stock exhaust.

Just compare the actual kit from the ken style website and examine on how high the lip should fit. You can see this on how close the rear lip sits below the reflectors on the bumper.

i can attest to marc D's rear lip fitting perfectly on a stock mz5.. we test fit it during a meet a few weeks back and it was perfect on my car.. we should have taken pix but it was about a 98% fitment

to add to this i have a 2009 mz5 so our front bumpers arent the same.. but the rears are..

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the newer ones will fit, but not perfectly. My rear lip would fit perfectly, if my exhaust wasnt there and I was still using the stock exhaust.

Just compare the actual kit from the ken style website and examine on how high the lip should fit. You can see this on how close the rear lip sits below the reflectors on the bumper.

I can see what bayson R is saying. the tip on your exhaust is huge. the hole in the lip is not made for dare I say it fart cans. its made for a sensible exhaust....thats where your problem lies.

its not bayson Rs fault...

I can see what bayson R is saying. the tip on your exhaust is huge. the hole in the lip is not made for dare I say it fart cans. its made for a sensible exhaust....thats where your problem lies.

its not bayson Rs fault...

You said it, a fart can. The exhaust is surprisingly quiet when the baffle is in, it's more of an aesthetics thing now. This isn't a honda or a less than a 1.8L motor, so it gives a nice deep tone to it.

If I need to, I will just cut the hole bigger, but a little massaging and adjusting of the exhaust should allow it to fit. I still think that if the lip was made right to the actual ken style's proper height, it should fit no problem.

i had some time to go to bayson R today to talk with them a bit, we test fitted some stuff that he had laying around, and the Kenstyle knockoff lip for the 09+ is about a 95% fitment.. i need to trim just a minimal amount off the foglight area to make it fit like oem, its not perfect but its as close as i can get for under 500..

as for the rear, its a hit and miss.. we tested 2 different ones and both were very very very close, but one fit nearly perfect and the other felt just a tiny bit short, like you had to force it on.... remember everyone these are copies not original... hence they will not fit like an OEM product.. we all tend to forget that from time to time. all aftermarket will be slightly less perfect, its up to you to follow through...

Just following up on this.

I installed the rear lip and it looks pretty good. It barely fit on the rear and we had to adjust it quite a bit. But after we got it onto the position we wanted we drilled holes into the bumper, and using speed nuts, latched it on the sides. Underneath, I made some brackets and mounted them onto the rear bumper support so they hold the lip from sagging down. It didn't fit perfect, so I took my trusty heat gun and slowly heated the side where it didn't mount properly, and LUCKILY it formed to the bumper without making a drastic shape change. It looks pretty good, but you can still see the imperfections if you look REALLY close. Otherwise, it's completely unnoticeable.

FOr the exhaust, I just removed it off the last rubber mount (closest to the bumper) and t hangs just low enough to clear the lip. Then using some clothes hangers, I latched the muffler onto the underside of the body just to keep it from swaying side to side. Worked out pretty well.

I will have pictures up when I get the chance.

Last edited:
looking forward to the pictures, I tried ordering something from their site...but cant get the order to go through...anyone else have issues selecting your country or even submitting an order on the baysonr site?

Just recently went to a car show in Livermore, and got some decent pics to show.

2011livermorecarshow26.jpg

2011livermorecarshow8.jpg

pcs17.jpg

The first picture is the only real close shot I have gotten with the rear lip. I gotta grab my DSLR and get into some decent lighting to show you guys better shots but those will have to do. I'll most likely do it this weekend.

THe rear lip fits pretty well, it doesn't sit EXACTLY flush with the rear bumper, but for the most part, it does a good job with blending with the car. THe only mishap, like it said on my previous post, is where the lip meets the fender well of the passenger side, and even then still most won't be able to see.

Last edited:
Went to baysonr picked up my kit personally and talked to the owner, he is a nice guy,. and the kit perfectly., on my..

Just recently went to a car show in Livermore, and got some decent pics to show.

The first picture is the only real close shot I have gotten with the rear lip. I gotta grab my DSLR and get into some decent lighting to show you guys better shots but those will have to do. I'll most likely do it this weekend.

THe rear lip fits pretty well, it doesn't sit EXACTLY flush with the rear bumper, but for the most part, it does a good job with blending with the car. THe only mishap, like it said on my previous post, is where the lip meets the fender well of the passenger side, and even then still most won't be able to see.

what spring/shock kit are you running right now! its a nice even drop across the front and back.

No shock or spring set up here.

Full on coil overs, using Yellow Speed Coilovers.

The fronts are fully adjusted down without adjusting the preload on the shock, but it can adjust probably about an 0.5 to 1 inch lower if I lower the spring perch down more. I'm just trying to avoid lowering the spring perch because I don't want the shock to blow prematurely.

For now, this set up will suffice, but air suspension is in the MZ5's future. Super easy with a bag over coil set up for the fronts. The rear I might have to figure out though, but it doesn't look too bad as the OP of this thread has already put air suspension on his MZ5.

I saw that, but the rear doesn't go low enough for me. It might be hard to get the rear to lay frame because the way the suspension is in the rear.

Back