MSP fading steering wheel

darock933

:
03 Mazdaspeed Protege
I'm just wondering if anybody else is experiencing this problem with the grayish sides on the stock MSP steering wheel fading away? and if this is happening to you what did you do to try to stop the fading or did you do any replacments? Thanks in advance!

you can pull it off and paint it. i did mine a year and a half ago and it hasnt faded or chipped since then

Mines hasn't faded but is wearing down a bit due to me placing the antitheft club on it.

Mine is faded something awesome. I am looking into trying to get it re-wrapped. Want the colors to be the same but possibly suede? Still need to find a local place that can do this.

Mine is faded something awesome. I am looking into trying to get it re-wrapped. Want the colors to be the same but possibly suede? Still need to find a local place that can do this.

if the amount of time isnt an issue try talking to rideline goods about it, they do a lot of leather work, and their quality is pretty good. i know they do custom jobs like car doors etc.

you can pull it off and paint it. i did mine a year and a half ago and it hasnt faded or chipped since then

I'm just wondering what kind of paint you used and how long do you think it could last for? Thanks

Have you seen this done before on the MSP? Thanks

if the amount of time isnt an issue try talking to rideline goods about it, they do a lot of leather work, and their quality is pretty good. i know they do custom jobs like car doors etc.

Is this a local place in NY?

or go the cheap way and get a cover haha

That's exactly how it was when I got the car...a cover was over the steering wheel.

well you can find some dupont vinyl and fabric paint thats what i used. its god for carpet and anything that can absorb it. which the steering wheel absorbed it pretty well. just use a good amount of clear coat over top of it too

and i've had it for about a year and a half now and its holding up still

well you can find some dupont vinyl and fabric paint thats what i used. its god for carpet and anything that can absorb it. which the steering wheel absorbed it pretty well. just use a good amount of clear coat over top of it too

and i've had it for about a year and a half now and its holding up still

have any pics?

My wheel is starting to wear so i got a cover a few weeks ago. Paint sounds interesting, my wheel is at the point i can still repair it.

My silver is faded on the left and a couple nights ago, the right side started flaking off.

I'd like to see how the repainted steering wheel turned out. Not sure about the clear, as I don't want the wheel to look shiny, I want it to look like leather.

I talked to a local upholstery shop and they said it would be around $300 to rewrap it, which seems like way too much to spend for a minor cosmetic issue.

This is the aftermarket wheel I would go with since the pedals and shift knob are already blazoned with the Sparco logo.

http://thmotorsports.com/sparco/sparco_tuner_steering_wheel_naxos_p330/015tpfnrar/i-78428.aspx?googlebase=015TPFNRAR-03-&utm_source=GoogleShopping&utm_medium=CSE&utm_content=015TPFNRAR-03-&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping

But not sure I want the aftermarket look, and it would definitely hurt resale to not have an airbag.

The other option is a P5 steering wheel as they seem to be fairly easy to find in decent shape.

Back