13 hour ride 700 mile trip

Sounds like a good time. My wife and I will be driving from the Los Angeles area to Las Vegas then off to the Grand Canyon in about two weeks. I'm excited to not only take my 2 on its first trip outside a 30 mile radius, but too see what kind of mpg's I post. As my car now has about 2500 miles on it, my street driving average is at about 31 mpg.

I never got 31mpg street driving. Well I guess i dont really street drive. I’m also a delivery driver so my cars my job so I’m always pushing it.

I would be very interested to know what y'all think about the long drives in a short wheelbase car? How about the butt factor- did the seats hold up or did you need more breaks than expected? that sort of thing. Thanks!

Hey Slow Paul,

Have you ever driven Mulholland? I did a couple years in an Oldsmobile Aurora (rental). I think the front tires melted off by the end. All you had to do was show them a corner and they screamed........

John

Last edited:
I've done a few longish drives in the two since we bought it - NYC to Road Atlanta (820 miles/11 hours nonstop each way), NYC to NC (500 miles/8 hours), and a few shorter trips to places like Ashburn, VA and Charles Town, WV. The other day we did a round trip to Williamsport, PA (200 miles/3.5 hours each way). In each case the car was fine and comfortable.

Then again, I used to run from Charlotte to Long Island and back in a Miata every weekend (1400 miles round trip, nonstop each way), so my definition of "comfortable" may be a little skewed.

driving it home from cleveland at 75mph I got 39.5 on my first tank, 90%hwy. Driving like an idiot, redlining I get 32.

Back