Power Steering Fluid Change ??

:
03 Mazda 6
I have an '03 M6 and the power steering fluid is black and thick. Think it's time to change it.
Wondering if there is a DIY or How To posted here. I did search and didn't find what I was looking for.
I could suck some out with a turkey baster and put some in, suck some out put some in and do it that way. But the fluid is so bad I think it would take forever to clear it up.
I guess I could pull the hose on the bottom of the reservoir, but I'm afraid of getting air into the system.

If it's really that bad, it might actually be worth paying a shop to "flush" it. I just use the turkey baster method myself, you can get something like a pint out each time. Just do it every couple of days for a week or two. You end up wasting some fluid, but it's dirt-cheap, and they waste fluid when they do a flush too, so it's not like you're committing an environmental sin.

Well, I've been using the turkey baster deal. Can't get very much out at a time though. After going thru 2 qts of Dex III it's finally starting to look pretty good. Will probably go one more qt to try and get it a bit cleaner.
Can't believe how black it was, the cap seems to fit ok but it must be letting dirt in.

Back