Viper Alarm?

lazybones

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
So I've had the car about 2 weeks or so, and this morning I was tinkering around and I noticed something under the steering column, tucked up near where the cabin fuse box is. I saw it said "Viper" on it. It looks just like a little box type thing. There's a female plug on it, and taped up next to it was a male plug. Soo obviously out of curiosity I connected the two. Then a blue LED light on my dash near the dimmer switch started blinking for a few seconds, and I heard a chirp. So obviously there was a system installed. My question is, is it still installed? There's also some weird small little antenna taped to the winshield on the passenger side. I'm not really sure how all this works or if it's active or whatever. There's fuses down there near the viper plugs, one is blown. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
This is what it looks like where the dimmer switch is:

ejano0.jpg

Can you post a picture of the viper wiring? I wonder why they would've had it disconnected... Also look in the engine bay for a siren.

After doing some more poking around and research, it's a 350HV system. I'm pretty sure everything is there, except I don't have the key fob remote transmitters. So I kinda can't really use it. Can I buy new ones?

We sell the replacement transmitters @ bby, they're about $30 there. Cheaper online though. They're easy to program if you have the valet/programming button.

Well since you work at best buy, you now get a sweet ass deal on installation labor. I work in the install bay, so I've seen a large influx in employee installs since the new discount rolled out. And, yes that is the valet button to the left of the LED. I = blind. That replacement remote would be less than $20 for you.

Last edited:
Back