The three way exhaust dilema.

Prev

:
2007 Mazda 3 MPS
Just wondering if you guy's can give me some first hand experiences with the following exhaust's.

Ive managed to narrow down my selection to either the HKS high power, Borla exhaust or the Greddy Ti-C.

It will be mated to a turboxs decat. Looking for a decent sound but not ricer.

Is your turboxs downpipe/racepipe installed yet? If not, you might want to wait on the CBE until you hear what that mod does to your exhaust. Then decide if you want the CBE and what kind you would like.

With mine, the downpipe/racepipe made the stock CBE much louder and the catless dp/rp introduced a really bad drone at 2,500 rpm when cruising or when decelerating through that rpm range. I fixed it by putting a big 3 inch straight through reso in the racepipe section.

Others (on some other boards) who are running catless dp/rp's seem to really like the Magnaflow CBE when coupled with this combo. It is, I believe, the same as the Mazdaspeed "official" CBE for our cars, just rebranded by Mazda. It is well-known for its ability to kill the drone.

But I can't personally vouch for it because I'm happy with the stock CBE and the racepipe reso solution. That combo will really wake the car up from a power standpoint and aftermarket CBE's do not make more power, IMHO, if you are running the stock K04 turbo, because the stock CBE has a higher flow rate that the maximum exhaust discharge rate from the turbo.

Nope havent even bought it the turboXS stuff yet. Was going to get it at the same time as which ever CBE I went for.

Im now going to take your advice and stick with the stock CBE with TurboXS downpipe and racepipe. Will see how I get on with that first.

Also got to be careful with noise limit's. A few of the race tracks including the Nurburgring have strict noise limits. Emission law's are not an issue tho as dont have any emission laws where I live.

Right cheers for the advise MSMS3. Im going to go with just a TurboXS dp and tp. Is there much difference between the TurboXS and Cobb equivilent?

Cobb is one piece, I love their DP and will get one eventually... the difference being one piece is that it uses a flex section in the pipe instead of a flex section that's flanged, and makes installing the piece a bit more difficult. However the cast piece is actually cast stainless not cast iron and is a very nice design and very free flowing. The catted Cobb DP shouldn't throw a CEL and does have a 2nd sensor bung up top if you want to go aftermarket at some point, although our first (top) o2 sensor IS a wideband sensor so with the right data monitor (like a Dashhawk) you can read your actual AFRs already.

I have the HKS catback and my car gets pretty loud, I'd stick with the stock catback with a DP... I sometimes would like to go back to the stock setup with the DP installed because the drone my system has around the 2k-2500k RPM range like MSMS3 stated is pretty annoying sometimes.

Back