The Moderately Low (Not Slammed) and Functional Thread

THE Phen

:
2013 Abarth, 2004 MSM - FM, '74 BMW Bavaria, 97 Civic EX B18C1
I know that over the last several months, function vs form arguments pop up everywhere. I know that arguing your point versus someone from the other side never ends with anything but more arguments. I know that moderators are getting sick of watching threads to make sure they don't get out of control.

The Slammed Guys have their own thread and us functional folk have been crapping in there.
The Aggressive Fitment has become an offshoot of The Slammed Thread.
Well why not have our own thread?

Pros:
Not pooping on the other guys threads
We can discuss our personal preference of car look, which tends to be the complete opposite of the other guys, while not starting a war.

Please note: I did not start this thread to wage a war against those guys. They have their style, we have ours. I just hope this can eliminate most of the unnecessary battles I keep seeing (and getting myself into).

So let's start. Here's a picture of my P5 when I think it looked the best.

Specs:
Mazdaspeed B-spec springs
AWR 21.5mm rear sway
03 MSP EnkeiHarts with 215/45-17 Falken Azenis RT-615s

2960511757_2854ff81fa_b.jpg

Functional:
Same suspension
03 Protege 16's with 195/55-16 Blizzak WS-50's
almost as good in the snow as my sister's Jeep.

3090702353_e7f89dff73_b.jpg

Share!

Last edited:
I'm functionally low, also. There are a few places that I can't enter because they have small concrete mountains for entrances, but I've never broken an oil pan, either. My mudflaps do scrape under hard cornering and uneven pavement. I can fit a can of pop with my finger on top under my pinch weld, but that's it. It handles great, and that was the goal.

I've not had any problems in winter, either, aside from my bald winter tires.

Tokico Illumina struts (always on 5, stiffest)
Eibach Prokit lowering springs for the Probe GT
Ford Contour rear sway bar swap in progress
Mazda 6 wheels, 215/40 Capitol Sport UHP's with 20 and 25mm spacers back/front

IMG_6542.jpg

Last edited:
The Probe GT uses the same springs? I'm not too knowledgable regarding the 626 so I'm not sure what kind of suspension options are out there.

I wonder what my EnkeiHarts would look like on that car...

Well, yes and no. The springs are interchangeable between the cars, but the Probe sat lower than the 626 from the factory. I didn't find this out until recently and I'm glad that I went with the PGT springs because it lowered noticeably more (perhaps another inch or so) than the advertised 1.3 inches or whatever. We've got the basic spring and shock kits from Tokico, Tein, and Ground Control, plus a few coilover options from K-Sport, D2, KW, etc. If it weren't for the Probe, the offerings would probably next to none...

I dunno, I could go test fit your wheels and email you the pics! (yes)

Yeah... if I was home, I'm sure we would have done this. It was just a thought, but if you want to, by all means, feel free. I'm really curious on this.

Okay, cool. I probably will next time I'm over there and Evan gets in a drunken stupor and wants to mod my car. I'm guessing they won't look that great. Sporty things don't seem to look very good on the 626, IMO, but I'm open to pleasant surprises!

They're subtle 5 spokes. Should be interesting.

theEZV: Looking good! Lowered at all?

lowered on falken springs. about 1.5" in the front and 1" in the rear compared to a stock msp

Aah yes. I know the Falken springs well. I helped kamon8404 install his on his MSP. Nice riding springs.

heres mine back in the days before=) Rota D2 17x7.5 215/40/17 Tein SS coilovers all the down . This set up was form and function
Efrens-1.jpg

EVADE2.jpg

Aaah yes, I remember those days!

I would post a picture of my MSM, but it's in 4x4 mode currently. While plenty functional, it's not low.

This thread = win. 245/45/16 front, 225/45/16 rear on 16x8, lowered about an inch and a half up front, stock RB rear

CF4.jpg

MSPBarn1.jpg

HDRGarageA.jpg

IMG_8253.jpg

i hope i qualify for this thread since im not slammed (evil)
im lowered on tein s-techs (2" front 1.5" rear) with 225/40/18 tires on the ms6's

DSC_0372_3_4_5_6.jpg

DSC_0588_9.jpg

levi, you're up from OEM tire size, so I say you're good. lol I'd trade you wheels in a heartbeat.

That is a damn meaty front tire. LOL.

yeah... I love it. I am looking forward to going down to the 225/50 though. That should give enough clearance back that I don't rub the front when at full lock.

Last edited:
4733238857_20661ecec1_b.jpg

16x8+25 205/50/16

I got a deal on the these tires thats why the size is kinda funky, next set will be something like Wagon's setup

Latest posts

Back