You know you are driving an MSP when...

you know you drive a mazdaspeed when....

you cant find a repair manual for it

your nearest dealer cant sell you an alternator belt much less work on it because he isnt a mazdaspeed dealer (actually broke right in front of the dealership)

guys in civics think they are faster cause your in a protege..

said guy in civic leaves you sitting at light because lsd broke

cops dont write your dad a ticket because they are too busy laughing at a grey haired old man driving your car

and best of all, when there is a "how to change a Masdaspeed Protege differential" walkthrough

You know your an msp owner when you contemplate buying a 1g-3g DSM for reliability lmao

You know you drive an msp when everyone asks why did you paint your protege orange?

You know you drive an msp when randome exhaust leaks come from under the hood and you know you lost a bolt or 2.

Lol just thought of this one.

You know you drive an msp when instead of going to the dealerr for touch up paint, you go to a beauty supply store because the orange matches better and has the flake in it

you dont use your a/c becuase you cant afford to sacrifice anymore horsepower.

you have your V.I.N. memorized.

unlike most members of AAA you actually use your membership on a regular basis and know most of the tow truck drivers in the area

you drive around down and see places you broke down and have flashbacks =[

you wish you could have a msp meet but only the only ones to show up are the 5-6 in a 75 mile radius.

passangers hear the squeaks and rattles and clunks and dont believe you when you tell them its normal.

you look at your odometer and wonder how many more miles you have left

when minivans go faster than you from a stop light and your both driving normal... hahahaha

you dont use your a/c becuase you cant afford to sacrifice anymore horsepower.

passangers hear the squeaks and rattles and clunks and dont believe you when you tell them its normal...
So, so, so true. I roll sans A/C in the dead of summer...

My contribution:

You know you're driving an MSP when:

- The stock SMIC gets heat-soaked backing out of the driveway...

- Your car makes "summer" noises and has a separate set of "winter" noises...

- When you have to inform Subaru drivers that Fuji Heavy Industries didn't invent the color blue...

- When people think calling your car a Slowtege is clever.

- When your car gets the same amount of aftermarket support as the Mazda5.

So, so, so true. I roll sans A/C in the dead of summer...

My contribution:

You know you're driving an MSP when:

- The stock SMIC gets heat-soaked backing out of the driveway...

- Your car makes "summer" noises and has a separate set of "winter" noises...

- When you have to inform Subaru drivers that Fuji Heavy Industries didn't invent the color blue...

- When people think calling your car a Slowtege is clever.

- When your car gets the same amount of aftermarket support as the Mazda5.

Bwahahahahah awesome and soo true!

...when people call your car a "Protagay"
...when your car stance is higher in front than in back
...when you spend more money fixing problems on your factory turbo car than an aftermarket turbo car
...when you are obsessed with preventative maintenance

...when you spend more money fixing problems on your factory turbo car than an aftermarket turbo car

Whenever I see someone in a Protege... I call it a protegay to their face...NO LIE! hahaha, i think its funny :p

So true!!

.....when your car sweaks so bad in the rear you'd swear there was some sexy time going on in the trunk on a broken mattress.

.....when after modding it enough you just can't remember what 'smooth' felt like, and of course first gear and some of second is completely useless. No hook up.

.....when your car sweaks so bad in the rear you'd swear there was some sexy time going on in the trunk on a broken mattress.

.....when after modding it enough you just can't remember what 'smooth' felt like, and of course first gear and some of second is completely useless. No hook up.

I actually get plenty of hook up in 1st and 2nd...then again I'm running stock boost and probably <200whp LOL.

When your girlfriend drives it and gets frustrated with the clutch, the noises, etc....but you take back over again, and say 'oh, that happens all the time...'

When the high-pitched belt whine in the morning makes more noise than the exhaust...(coming from a long line of BMWs I kinda like this... :) )

when you've completely given up trying to explain to your friends and family why you still have it and just look forward to driving it again.

When your girlfriend drives it and gets frustrated with the clutch, the noises, etc....but you take back over again, and say 'oh, that happens all the time...'

When the high-pitched belt whine in the morning makes more noise than the exhaust...(coming from a long line of BMWs I kinda like this... :) )

That's awesome. My wife HATES driving my car for this reason. She claims the stock clutch is too stiff. Wait until this car eventually becomes a project car and a spec clutch replaces the stock.

Back