Clutch pedal getting stuck?

Jack Rot

:
Mazda Protege5
hey guys, my clutch pedal just started getting stuck after i got it back from the shop, it now has turbo ;),( thread for that coming soon!) but would the turbo on the stock clutch cause that? help!

hey guys, my clutch pedal just started getting stuck after i got it back from the shop, it now has turbo ;),( thread for that coming soon!) but would the turbo on the stock clutch cause that? help!

Subbing, mines was doing the same thing before it weent to the shop, ive been told it could be the clutch master cyllinder but idk.. anyone? my cluth is new so i know it wont be that..

do you still have pressure/resistance when u push in the clutch?
if not then u need to bleed the clutch, and if it is a cylinder, its probably the slave cylinder not the master

most likely master cylinder, real easy to fix. its probably a leak, thus the pressure that pushes the pedal back up is not present, replace asap otherwise youll get worse problems such as getting stranded because the pedal wont come up at all and pumping wont work, believe me, ive been in the situation with my last car, and remember to bench pump the cylinder.

lol... i have a stage 3+ and it seems to loose fluid some where... I have replaced ALL the lines, the master adn slave cyclinder, as well as have upgraded lines ( steel braided) its something random we go thro...

most likely master cylinder, real easy to fix. its probably a leak, thus the pressure that pushes the pedal back up is not present, replace asap otherwise youll get worse problems such as getting stranded because the pedal wont come up at all and pumping wont work, believe me, ive been in the situation with my last car, and remember to bench pump the cylinder.

Close. If the springs on the clutch are worn it would stop releasing. Unless you are losing fluid i would not suspect a leak.

I assume the clutch is disengaging and it is just the pedal not coming back up... If the pedal goes down and it doesn't disengage - then i would suspect a leaking master or slave (or line).

Close. If the springs on the clutch are worn it would stop releasing. Unless you are losing fluid i would not suspect a leak.

I assume the clutch is disengaging and it is just the pedal not coming back up... If the pedal goes down and it doesn't disengage - then i would suspect a leaking master or slave (or line).

what about us that hace no springs... ( im un sprung ) or are you talking about on the pressure plate?

^Huh? Look at the clutch - it has a ring of springs either four or six.

mine doesnt...
specstage4clutch.jpg

lmao... it has its moments... from time to time i look like some one who doesnt know how to drive a clutch... their is NO play room.. unlike say a stage 2 or even stage 3 ( sprung disc)... my girlfriend was able to drive stage 2... wouldnt touch it with stage 3+ and simply refuses to try with stage 5...

i am N/a at the moment and i still have the stage 5 in..i down shift from 5th to fourth and accelerate and it will bark them..

I was trying to help the OP who said he had a stock clutch...

(by the way - where did he go?)

So should i replace the master or slave cylinder? thanxx for the help

before you go spending money do a leak down test.... fill your resivior up... and have some one press the pedal whle you are looking, ( use goggles ) and look for a leak.. should save some money if it is not a nessicity

before you go spending money do a leak down test.... fill your resivior up... and have some one press the pedal whle you are looking, ( use goggles ) and look for a leak.. should save some money if it is not a nessicity

Kool ill do this as soon as i get it back from shop, thanx racerx

yea, i took it back to the shop and it turned out to be the slave cylinder...lets see what happens now.

Back