Race Roots Project Mazdaspeed6 Pictures!

mpsanger6

:
BMW
The car is not done yet....these are just some teaser pics of the work so far!! :)

DarcisMS6_1.jpg

DarcisMS6_6.jpg

DarcisMS6_2.jpg

DarcisMS6_3.jpg

DarcisMS6_7.jpg

DarcisMS6_4.jpg

DarcisMS6_5.jpg

DarcisMS6_8.jpg

DarcisMS6_11.jpg

DarcisMS6_10.jpg

DarcisMS6_9.jpg

Last edited:
the work looks extremely clean. Where did they put your ecu after they relocated the battery? Which turbo are you using b/c its obvisouly not a t67, and I imagine its DBB since the coolant line is not blocked

the work looks extremely clean. Where did they put your ecu after they relocated the battery? Which turbo are you using b/c its obvisouly not a t67, and I imagine its DBB since the coolant line is not blocked

Our ECU isn't in the engine bay, like the MS3.

Yeah, like tunersteve said, the MS6 ECU is not in the engine bay.
We are using a t67 turbo, the intercooler piping is 2 1/2 inches in and out of the intercooler. We are using a 3 inch intake and a 3 inch downpipe.
Thanks for the compliments. :)

wow, definitly looking nice. that is some clean looking piping.
can't wait to see some dyno numbers!
Thanks! Dyno and 1/4 mile coming soon. Then the engine build.......

Last edited:
Looks like some serious power gunna be pushed... what kinds of numbers you aiming for? Sub'd for the build...

500 after build? eegads... is that even possible with our engines? built or not...

i see most MS6 builds struggling to get a reliable 400 without going kaboom.

500 after build? eegads... is that even possible with our engines? built or not...

i see most MS6 builds struggling to get a reliable 400 without going kaboom.
There have been breakthroughs, so we'll call them, on fueling issues so this shouldn't be an issue.

There have been breakthroughs, so we'll call them, on fueling issues so this shouldn't be an issue.

As said here, provided you can get enough fuel to the cylinders you can make that kind of power. Fuel and connecting rods have been the limiting factor to this point. I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

Using that T67, you won't make the low end torque that this car is known for (and what many believe is a major factor in motors popping) but the high end should be pretty wicked once that turbo gets going.

Are you using the CP-e flash to help with fuel delivery?

make sure u put a coupler on the other side of the IC lol

cant wait to see this build, about time we had some high horsepower mazdas on here besides the rotary's

Using that T67, you won't make the low end torque that this car is known for (and what many believe is a major factor in motors popping) but the high end should be pretty wicked once that turbo gets going.

Are you using the CP-e flash to help with fuel delivery?

We will be using the Cobb AP for tuning purposes. We have other avenues for fuel delivery that won't be a concern for injector seals popping.

There is more than one way to get a desired goal for power. I think we have proved that very well with the MS3 Project car.

We will be using the Cobb AP for tuning purposes. We have other avenues for fuel delivery that won't be a concern for injector seals popping.

There is more than one way to get a desired goal for power. I think we have proved that very well with the MS3 Project car.

Nice. You initially came out with the secondary injection setup, right?

Also, are multiple products, like the FMIC kit, going to be available, or is it only going to be a package deal?

Last edited:
...............We have other avenues for fuel delivery that won't be a concern for injector seals popping......

Hmmmm? Isn't the injector seal issue due to cylinder pressure on the DI injectors, not some other fuel delivery issue? That said, I assume you guys are using additional port-type injectors, but you're not removing and plugging the DI holes are you?

Back