Idle issues

I see you're bumping some pretty old threads...I know you get asked to 'search' before posting, but this site's search function is complete trash...always has been...not to mention the common habit of members finally fixing whatever it was they had a problem with, and never posting what it was exactly...and you get thousands of dead ends, such as this thread...

just make a new thread describing your problem...a lot has been learned about this some of this stuff, some of which is pretty recent...it'll be a lot easier to address whatever problem you are currently having...
i agree 100% the search function is trash i can never seem to find what i am searching for without spending alot of time n grief reading post after post after post

You are so right on that one, I wish more members would post their final outcome of an issue!
And I cannot seem to figure out how to set up email notifications on here, once someone has replied to a thread....

(I also replied with the same text in the 'strange idle issues???' thread just to cover the bases)

Ok, finally got my coils in yesterday from rockauto and slapped them in last night. Very easy install! I reset the engine light, fired it up and seemed to
idle smoothly. It fired up again this morning, drove my 52 kilometers to work (32 miles) and still no engine light....yahoo!! I did notice a slight drop in idle at times (550 rpms) and a little rough acceleration but nothing severe enough to trigger the cel. I am however left with one hoor of an exhaust rattle, probably only a matter of time before the light comes on due to a pre-cat issue? I will monitor the situation and will certainly report back on the progress in hopes to assist any other readers out there who experience these similar annoyances!!!

Well its been a week later and 700 kms (435 miles) on my new coils. The engine light came back on solid after 130 kms (81 miles), I am guessing due to the loud and annoying exhaust rattle, most likely the pre-cat as outlined in previous posts. But the good news is, I have not experienced that messed up sporadic idle issue nor the loss of power at high speeds. The engine light is solid with no flashing whatsoever. It sometimes takes a couple of turn overs to fire up after the engine is warm but always fires right up when cold. I am taking it on a long trip tomorrow so it will be a good test. But in the meantime, nice to have the old mazda performance back! Many thanks again to all the informative posts!!!!!!!

Back