GI: CP-e Dashhawk Mount (defrost vent) pod for 6/MS6

steve suggested the other week that we all email CP-E seperatly to show interest.
and the list on this thread isnt the ONLY interest. i believe there are around 20 or so from both MOCC and 6crew.

I didn't know there was a big following on MOCC. I have 6club, MSF, here, and 6crew in the total list.

err well mocc + 6crew combined i meant was around that many people.
6crew had a descent amount. glad you have it on so many other forums.

guess all thats left really is to wait for news. :)

I guess I'm interested. Although I'm not all that enthused about the price and it doesn't look like it has any adjustments.

wow im 2nd on the list i completely forgot about this little project.. kinda thinking there not going to do it since theres no new info..

I haven't heard anything new from Josh. I had emailed him and asked for an update and never received one.

sad banana is sad.
my steering column mount is working ok, but pulling up that rubber grommet trim piece has created some new rattle noise... sad times. :(

I'm disappointed that this never got any more interest, and CP-e dropped the ball in terms of producing a product. I'd be willing to put together more information, but I think at this point the decision has been made and they're looking at other products.

maybe its too much trouble to email the cad cam design to china?? I think I can find a guy who can make these?? one of neighbors at my old warehouse does plastic molding.. ill see if I can track him down again?? I would have looked into this a while back.. but, I thought cpe would be on it?? otherwise cant you just take a regular vent piece and attach a molded clip to it?? thats all the vent pods are..a vent piece attached to a resin mold..

maybe its too much trouble to email the cad cam design to china?? I think I can find a guy who can make these?? one of neighbors at my old warehouse does plastic molding.. ill see if I can track him down again?? I would have looked into this a while back.. but, I thought cpe would be on it?? otherwise cant you just take a regular vent piece and attach a molded clip to it?? thats all the vent pods are..a vent piece attached to a resin mold..

No, it's not that simple. IIRC, CP-e makes all their parts in the US, including the 3/MS3 DH mount.

To do this, at least what I envision as a proper product, would be to mold a 1-piece design with a receiver side of the push-tab release mechanism for removal of the DH, along with a plate that would attach to the DH, allowing for quick removal. For CP-e, they'd have to only design the mount portion, since they already have the design of the backing plate figured out.

design is great.. but, without execution its worthless.. and if its already designed?? then get them to cough up the cad cam plans.. I assume its digitized?? then we could go in on this piece and produce it ourselves?? If anyone as any mfgr connections we could get this started.. otherwise youd just start at the beginning.. and a one piece design might be the main drawback.. the custom vent pods sold for our cars are just regular vents with pods molded on.. that keeps the cost down and the production low... making a one piece design would probably mean making like 1k of them.. you could make them cheap.. but, most likely theres not enough demand?? maybe someone at Cpe could offer up some help on this?? otherwise its DIY..

They have to justify tooling costs for a mold for this as well. Right now, that probably won't happen. Besides, the DH is a different animal than a standard gauge. Hopefully that answers all of your "questions".

Back