clutch problems. . .

Mazda3OnSpeed

:
MazdaSpeed 3
well my cuz came from out of town to visit and while he is down here he asked to drive my car around the block see how the car drives.. so i let him take it for a lil spin.

10 min pass and i call him to see what was taking him so long and he tells me that there is something wrong with the clutch. My mom gives me a ride to where he was and when i walk up to the car and open the driver door i see that my clutch peddle was missin. i freaked for a sec and just felt like killing my cousin(blowup).

so i step away from the car to relax. . i came back and started asking my cuz what the hell e was doin that this happened. . . he tells me some one was pulling out of there house and that he stopped and put the car in N and let go of the clutch and when he pushed it back in it stayed in there.

already know what the problem it. the Clutch Slave Cylinder went out. now what i want to know is, would the slave go out while driving normal or did her do something wrong by mistake. . .

and if anyone can please tell me if there is anyothere place that sells the Slave Cylinder that isnt the dealer??

Last edited:
The last slave cylinder I had to change was on a '77 'yota pickup. Wasn't hard to do -- had to change it in the customer's parking lot 'cause that's where it quit. Don't remember it being $121, but that was also probably over 25 years ago.

Not likely anything he did, but does seem a bit premature. My truck had probably 70+ kilomiles on it.

Back