Oil Pressure sender location

tweakingmsp

:
2003.5 MazdaSPEED Protege
I'm going to be installing an Autometer electronic oil pressure gauge hopefully tomorrow. Does any body have a pic of the location of the stock sender? I searched a found a thread with a pic but that was from 2005 and the pic was no longer attached. I have no clue what I am looking for, any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The sender is located just above the oil filter with a wire attached to it. I recommend removing oil filter to give you more access for removing sender.

Well I got the gauge installed and all wired up, I just didn't get to put the sender in. I crawled under the car and took a look at it, I don't have enough room to get to it. The oil filter is in the way and I just changed my oil about a week ago. So I'm going to wait to put the sender in until the next oil change.

One thing to keep in mind. If the AutoMeter sensor is sticking out far from the block, chances are it can crack the fitting and fall off due to engine vibration. I'm pretty sure you'll have to use a brass fitting to adapt the O.E. and AutoMeter sensor. Mind sure did on my Probe. I'd recommend getting a SS braided line maybe 1ft and adapt the AutoMeter sensor at the end of it. Then zip tie the sensor on the firewall somewhere.

One thing to keep in mind. If the AutoMeter sensor is sticking out far from the block, chances are it can crack the fitting and fall off due to engine vibration. I'm pretty sure you'll have to use a brass fitting to adapt the O.E. and AutoMeter sensor. Mind sure did on my Probe. I'd recommend getting a SS braided line maybe 1ft and adapt the AutoMeter sensor at the end of it. Then zip tie the sensor on the firewall somewhere.

I have SS fittings I'm going to use.

Back