Locking Up

koston33

I don't know if its just me or what could be causing this, but it seems like my brakes lock up quite easily. Any ideas? I have 16k on the ride. I feel very unsure about my brakes, and its not a good feeling. I will even lock up if I turn into a place not going that fast, and brake before i turn in and lock up.

Not only should normal brakes not lock up very easily, but with ABS, it should be increasingly difficult to do so.

Are your brakes modified in any way?

I would think you should make an appointment with your dealer for warranty service ASAP.

ABS fuse blown or breaker tripped? I'm not sure the brakes will lock up even under extreme braking conditions (on a dry surface).

i was out on dirt roads the other day having some fun, and i had trouble trying to lock the brakes up on purpose, so yea, having them lock up unexpectedly seems pretty troublesome. i would def look to the ABS first.

I don't know if its just me or what could be causing this, but it seems like my brakes lock up quite easily. Any ideas? I have 16k on the ride. I feel very unsure about my brakes, and its not a good feeling. I will even lock up if I turn into a place not going that fast, and brake before i turn in and lock up.

When you say 'lock up', do you do you get a pulsating/grinding feeling from the brake pedal or are the tires actually locking up and skidding?

If it's the first case, it's just the ABS doing what it's supposed to do. The DSC light should be coming on as well.

Also, if you still have the stock tires, they are probably bald. I had to get a new set of tires after 15k miles.

no modifications, running different tires. I'm going to get it check out, i need to go anyways because I let my friend drive my car, and before coming close to stopping he jammed it into first. Now I kinda have to play with the stick every once and awhile to get it into first. Sucks.

no modifications, running different tires. I'm going to get it check out, i need to go anyways because I let my friend drive my car, and before coming close to stopping he jammed it into first. Now I kinda have to play with the stick every once and awhile to get it into first. Sucks.

dont let anyone drive ur car unless u no they no wut their doing.. now u got a tranny problem.. no bueno

dont let anyone drive ur car unless u no they no wut their doing.. now u got a tranny problem.. no bueno

I let my friend borrow my car, while me and my other friend played a round of golf. She knew how to drive standard, the only thing she couldn't do was figure out how to put it in reverse haha, she told me she had to push the car out of the parking spot lol.

There is a check valve thats on the big vacuum line that goes to the brake booster. Sounds like the brake booster is seeing boost. Pull the check valve off and blow through both sides, you should be able to blow through one side freely and the other shouldnt let any air through. If it lets air through it replace it and see if it fixes the problem.

I let my friend borrow my car, while me and my other friend played a round of golf. She knew how to drive standard, the only thing she couldn't do was figure out how to put it in reverse haha, she told me she had to push the car out of the parking spot lol.
Do you have the stock shifter? It shows a picture of the positioning right on top...

I guess it may not be obvious to push in.

Latest posts

Back