Vibration that is driving me crazy!

phantom6

I have a 04 6 with 86k on it and just got the passenger cv axle replaced, driver side will hopefully get done soon once I get the part. Anyways between 20 mph and 30 mph I have a pretty bad vibration that only occurs between those speeds no matter how hard or soft I accelerate. Just got the tires balanced and problem still persists. Any ideas what could be causing this? Mazda says that all the other suspension parts are perfect. I'm running out of patients and money trying to fix this problem. Had to get axles replaced due to torn boots and grease everywhere!!! Any input would be greatly appreciated

Ok, so here is the update. Got the driverside cv shaft installed and the problem is still there. When installing it the repair shop noticed that the hub ring was missing from the wheel and thought that could be the source of the vibration. So I took it to a wheel and tire shop to get a new hub ring, upon looking at it they realized the entire rim was bent eventhough I just got all the wheels balanced. So tonight I put the stock wheels back on and low and behold the vibration is still there. I am at my wits end with this, somebody please help me out here otherwise I gonna look into selling the car. I went back to the place that balanced the tires and explained the situation and they refunded me what it cost to balance. Please HELP!!!!!!!

Have you replaced both axles?
If the boots were broke and you had grease all over, one of the bearings could of been bad.

Yeah I replaced both. I have been on the forums looking for days and I have found that a bad mount could also cause the problem. I'm waiting on my springs to arrive cause one of them broke so once I get them I will be dropping the car off and the mechanic said he will tear into everything and find out whats going on. So its only a matter of time now, thanks for your suggestion, I will make sure he will look at those too.

Back