staggered wheels setup

as much as I like the TE37, the design of the Enkei GTC-01 fits the CX9 better in my opinion.

GTC-01 are about 500ish per rim in 20s. They are nice. Weight wise it's decent @ 25-26 lbs per rim. Volks are nasty at $1200ish per rim discounted. However, they are lighter, in the 22-23 lb range and it's 100% forged.

Wow, I don't think I'll ever be replacing the rims on this thing then. I think I would have a hard time convincing the wife to spend $2000 on a new set.

less than $800/Set:

Attachments

• AZA Z-6.jpg
    AZA Z-6.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 705
  • Verde V52 Shiv 5Lug.jpg
    Verde V52 Shiv 5Lug.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 694
Wheels are like shoes.... No one wants to be seen walking around in Payless shoes..

Last edited:
Wheels are like shoes.... No one wants to be seen walking around in Payless shoes..

More like watches. The real thing is always better than the knockoffs. Unless you don't really care.

Both tell time and a Timex is probably more accurate than the everyday Omega, Breitling, Tag Heuer. Timex for $10 or the cheapest Tag Heuer for $600. You decide.

Or in the case of $200 vs $1200.

Do you get a $1200 Omega/Tag/Breitling or a $7200 entry level Rolex / IWC etc.

Different strokes for different folks.

I'll never be convinced using the same manufacturing techniques to make a wheel a pound or two lighter (at most) justifies an extra $1000 per wheel.

The Enkei looks quite similar to stock. Might as well go with something different like the Volk Racing. Style, performance weight savings benefits.

Too bad the CE28N doesn't come in 20s. Otherwise this would be one sweet rim looking like stock.

CE28N.jpg

Last edited:
I'll never be convinced using the same manufacturing techniques to make a wheel a pound or two lighter (at most) justifies an extra $1000 per wheel.

It is what is it..... You can get a Chinese made wheels for a couple hundred or a JDM wheel for $500+. The difference is dramatic in both weight and quality. A typical 20" cast rim will tip the scales at over 30 lbs. Whether you think it's justifiable for the extra money, it's really subjective. Remember you get what you paid for, but you don't have to overpay. Just like Hamproof's example with the watches.. $1200 per rims is steep, but there are a lot more expensive rims out there like HRE. As with watches, once you crossover into that high end category, anything above an Omega is all about status over form and function. Having said that, my first choice would be the Enkeis. If I can get a hell of a deal on the Volks, why not?

Last edited:
Back