Mazda 5 w/door moldings pulled...

:
Mazdaspeed3. 2008
I was asked to post up some pics of my 5 with the door moldings pulled. These are all I have on hand. I can take more later if anyone is interested.

Mazda53.jpg

Makes it look alot cleaner I admit. Hummm... what to do? What did you use to remove. Cat gut ie fishing line...

I will try and take some daylight pics when the wife gets home.

I just grabbed them and pulled them off. Then used paint thinner to get the residue off. You may need floss or fishing line to get it started but I have never had a problem just peeling them off.

JDM Premacies FTW! :)

The NA 2010 Mazda3 no longer has them either, they may have realized they look good? Or CAFE/IIHS/NHTSA whatever no longer requires them?

I did the same thing to my 3 but can't talk the wife into letting me do her 5. I used "goo off" adhesive spray remover. It works great to get the residue off and its in a spray can. Also waiting until it is hot outside really makes a difference. The tape just peels right off. Good luck.

Use 3M adhesive remover to get the "goo" off. They make the adhesive that's used to stick the stuff on, they know how to get it off. You can buy it at automotive stores and it works great for getting inspection sticker residue off as well.

Here's another one , just to make sure you really understand how good it looks :D

Pffft it looks terrible in white cars, LOL, just kidding, looking good, what wheels are those?

Use 3M adhesive remover to get the "goo" off. They make the adhesive that's used to stick the stuff on, they know how to get it off. You can buy it at automotive stores and it works great for getting inspection sticker residue off as well.

Good to know

Pffft it looks terrible in white cars, LOL, just kidding, looking good, what wheels are those?

The wheels are sold by now, they are RTX wheels. I've got a little surprise for this summer ;)
Closer pic of the RTX.
miniphotoshoot047pimped.jpg

You just need to lift one end and pull. You can start it with some fishing line I hear and the goo gone is to remove the residue ie adhesive. Do it on a warm day as it is easier. I had mine started but chickened out. Buck buck bacock.

Back