Head unit replace

placerda

I've just replaced de original Head Unit to the Pioneer Avic F900BT. Before I got it done by a Pioneer certified installer, I thought the left hand steering wheel controls would work to change the computer board functions (in the right side of the original display). Unfortunately, they are not working. Does anyone know how can I fix this? Would another steering wheel controls interface allow me to control the pioneer and "restore" the control of the computer board functions?

Another question that I have is about the original Aux-In connector that came installed in the arm rest compartment. How is the other end connection? Is it a regular male or female 3.5 jack? In this case can I buy a male or femal 2.5 - RCA cable and then connect the RCA to the pioneer?

Thanks for your comments.

I don't have an answer for your question, but was wondering if you could post a few pictures of your install - have been thinking about doing this in my 6 since the day I picked it up.

I can tell you more about it in a week or two when I get in there.

Do you mean the "info" button on the console?

I don't know about the phone controls, but the volume and selection keys should work with a SWI-PS.

Again, I'll know more about this in a few weeks.

-Ernie

Back