Pearl White with Rallyarmor flaps installed (pics)

Smokehouse

:
2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3
Got my flaps on today...

I was kind of fond of the look from the start but I was far more interested in ending the WWIII sound coming from under my car when driving down my road. The car just threw too much s*** up on the paint. I ordered the UR flaps and although I'm not 100% convinced they should run $120, I am 100% convinced they are good quality and come with good instructions and mounting hardware. The fronts couldn't have been easier, once I read the instructions a few times it took me a whopping 15 min a side to get them on. The rear on the other hand were a pain in the ass because I didn't want to remove the rear wheels. They were no easy in the slightest and frustrated the s*** out of me. I finally got them on but one clip isn't biting and the flap isn't begin held down tightly (something I have to contact Rallyarmor about) and the inside bracket puts a noticeable ripple in the flap when looking at it in the sun (they have a shiny finish which makes the ripple noticeable). I'll jack with the alignment later as it's still cold outside and I wanted these on for the crap I have to drive through.

What can I say, they're flaps...they do their job nicely. No more WWIII coming from under my car, the difference is instant and you'll be surprised and how much crap these things block.

Rallyarmor_1.jpg

Rallyarmor_2.jpg

I bought the cheap flaps the first go around and they sucked. RA ended up sending me these better ones and I paid the difference since I had the hardware already. If anyone is going to go with flaps buy the good ones.

I got the cheap ones and I like them. They do keep the sides and back of my car much cleaner. Oh, and I too didn't take the rear wheels off, it probably took me 2 hours to install.

I have been running them all winter so far and I think my car would have been destroyed if I didnt get them.

I will be using them all year long to protect from tar and such.

you had to take off the back wheels to get the flaps on? i got all mine done on grass in about a few hours including instruction reading time. took me a while to figure out some of the pictures/instructions. once i found out what to do i was like ooooohhh yeeeaaaa. lol. then it wizzed kid. lol.

you had to take off the back wheels to get the flaps on? i got all mine done on grass in about a few hours including instruction reading time. took me a while to figure out some of the pictures/instructions. once i found out what to do i was like ooooohhh yeeeaaaa. lol. then it wizzed kid. lol.

I didn't remove the rear wheels...but it would have been much easier if I had.

I didn't remove the rear wheels...but it would have been much easier if I had.

It took me about 1-1.5 hrs to do mine. I jacked the car up in the back but left the wheels on. It wasn't terribly cramped or anything.

I also had trouble with the pics, but once I got 1 side done I was able to do the other side in 1/3 of the time it took to do the first side.

I just wish somebody would release some of the polyurethane color matched mud guards like many other vehicles have.
One of the companies developing parts for this car should jump on it, as I am sure they would sell like hot cakes.

I just wish somebody would release some of the polyurethane color matched mud guards like many other vehicles have.
One of the companies developing parts for this car should jump on it, as I am sure they would sell like hot cakes.

Sorta like the Nissan 350z color matched flaps right? I thought about tryin to make some myself.

I did find these however.
Page 5, at the bottom of the page, molded mudflaps!!
http://www.japanparts.com/db/partsli...volkey=&page=5

Yah, those are similar to what I am talking about. I just don't understand why nobody makes them for this car. Just because the car has side skirts does not mean that they can't be manufactured. Maybe I need to start sending some emails out to some companies making aero parts for this car.....

Back