Warning Lights/Master Cylinder & Brake Booster Replacement

Right after our first really cold and snowy day here, several of my dashboard warning lights came on--the TCF Off light, the red Brake light, and the Stability Indicator. They would all stay on, until the car had warmed up quite a bit. I took the car in, thinking it might be a computer glitch, but the dealer told me it wasn't safe to drive!

They told me that hadn't seen this problem before and that the brake fluid was "disappearing", but not leaking out. Because it was the day before Christmas Eve, they said it could be 2 weeks waiting on parts.

it was 2 weeks and they had to replace the master cylinder and the brake booster. They told me the brake fluid was going into the brake booster and getting trapped there. So they replaced both at no charge.

While I was there, I also had them replace those defective metallic door handles that scratch so easily. Again, no charge.

Did Mazda furnish you a complimentary loaner vehicle I hope?

yes, but it was a 2005 mazda5 from their used car lot. they told me they no longer used new cars as loaners. i kicked about it, as it was very snowy and the 5 only had front wheel drive. not to mention it meant going thru the entire holiday season with a much smaller and less luxurious car. but they didn't respond to my kicking. (eyeballs)

Tcs Off, Brake Lights Coming On Dashboard

I have an 08 GT Front wheel drive and am having the same issue. After reading this I can let my dealership know what the problem is. The first time I took it in they told me they had to add some brake fluid but did not research the problem further. I will be taking my vehicle in tomorrow to fix this problem. It's amazing that I have to do the research on this while Mazda is still clueless. I love the CX-9 but the service is horrible.

When I took mine in, they said the same thing--that it needed brake fluid. So they added it, but it immediately disappeared again. Since it hadn't leaked out, they were perplexed. They also told me they had never seen the problem. After they realized the fluid was in the brake booster, they replaced both it and the master cylinder. They told me that the fluid would be in contact with a rubber gasket in the brake booster, which might degrade the gasket.

I've had no additional problems with it.

BTW, mine is an 08 GT, 4WD

Right after our first really cold and snowy day here, several of my dashboard warning lights came on--the TCF Off light, the red Brake light, and the Stability Indicator. They would all stay on, until the car had warmed up quite a bit. I took the car in, thinking it might be a computer glitch, but the dealer told me it wasn't safe to drive!

They told me that hadn't seen this problem before and that the brake fluid was "disappearing", but not leaking out. Because it was the day before Christmas Eve, they said it could be 2 weeks waiting on parts.

it was 2 weeks and they had to replace the master cylinder and the brake booster. They told me the brake fluid was going into the brake booster and getting trapped there. So they replaced both at no charge.

While I was there, I also had them replace those defective metallic door handles that scratch so easily. Again, no charge.

I just brought mine in today for the TCS off and brake lights and they are replacing the reservoir, booster and master cylinder. They seemed knowledgeable about the issue and said all these parts have been updated. Theyll be putting the parts in next week and providing me with a loaner. I did mention replacing the metallic door handles and the service manager was not aware of the issue. Luckily I have a pdf of this service bulletin that Ill print out for him.

Back