dash rattles

lunchbox16

:
mazdaspped 3 2008
i've had my ms3 for 4 months now, and the more i drive the more noises i hear.
i figured out the rattle in the center display. but i;m getting a rattle in the dash in front of me. i cant figure it out.
just wondering if anyone has identified it yet. also i have a drivers side door rattle too.

I've got one over near the passenger area somewhere. It sounds like either the sub, or the speaker in the door, I can't tell. I also noticed that the center piece with the climate control has started the "plastic creaking". When I separate the sections with my fingernail, it stops.

I know there's one noise that comes from the plastic windshield tray outside the car. It kind of sounds like a clicking noise when you push it in. Inside the car it would sound like it's coming from the upper dash area...

The guy I bought my wheels off of said it gets really bad in cold weather. I haven't experienced it yet but come winter i'm expecting to hear it.

I get one in the center console around the radio area. The dealership is supposed to look at it when I bring it in for a new driver side mirror (mirror itself is REALLY loose).

I think there is a TSB for the front area of the dash by the window creaking. You should look into it.

Back